Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez Cotto is an obvious mismatch in size

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much did Martinez weigh when that picture was taken? That's the real question.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughts View Post
      How much did Martinez weigh when that picture was taken? That's the real question.
      Cotto said he was 165 which is how much he would balloon up to when he used to fight at 140, Cotto is not a huge guy he is only 5 foot 6.

Martinez is 5 foot 11 and he weighs 180s walking around but from this pick he looks to be in the high 180s he looks huge.

Martinez looks huge though, Cotto fought Foreman and Margarito and they didn't even look this big even though they were both 5 foot 11.

Martinez has more mass on him than those guys.

But even Pacquiao is taller than Cotto, so Im thinking Cotto is closer to 5 foot 5 than 5 foot 6?

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        Cotto said he was 165 which is how much he would balloon up to when he used to fight at 140, Cotto is not a huge guy he is only 5 foot 6.

Martinez is 5 foot 11 and he weighs 180s walking around but from this pick he looks to be in the high 180s he looks huge.

Martinez looks huge though, Cotto fought Foreman and Margarito and they didn't even look this big even though they were both 5 foot 11.

Martinez has more mass on him than those guys.

But even Pacquiao is taller than Cotto, so Im thinking Cotto is closer to 5 foot 5 than 5 foot 6?
        I met Cotto, he said he's 5'7". Martinez is listed at 5'10", that seems about right if you look at the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          I met Cotto, he said he's 5'7". Martinez is listed at 5'10", that seems about right if you look at the pic.
          5 foot 7? Margarito must be 6 foot 2.

Pacman is 5 foot 6 and half.

Martinez looks more than 3 inches taller than Cotto, back to back pictures are the best teller of height disparity cause they are standing back to back right next to each other.

Comment

I'm not even a big Cotto fan, but all the signs point to him winning. Size won't be a major factor in this fight.

Age will be the biggest factor. Martinez is a broke old man these days. He's shot and no one apparently realizes it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
              A noob is someone who doesn't know why there is such a thing as weight class. You're the noob lol

Size matters in boxing that is why there is weight classes.
              End of thread...

Comment

I remember when Wlad fought a size mismatch and retired in shame after it ... oh ...

Comment

Someone should of told Mike Tyson he was too small!

Comment

Originally posted by DAN916 View Post
                    Someone should of told Mike Tyson he was too small!
                    Tyson has mucho mass. He was small but his bone density was heavy weight class. Cotto has welterweight bone density.

Comment

I do........

I do! Cotto WILL come to fight! What he did to Floyd was funny and impressive at the same time! Hahaha. Especially round 8.

Comment

Working...
                      X