Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd comes in overweight vs Marquez, pays him, no big deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is irrelevant. This forum I very sensitive.

Comment

The posters on this site get stupider and stupider every year.
      Last edited by Derranged; 03-08-2014, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagabilly View Post
        Oh **** I'm getting so sick of stupid double standard callouts. If he did this then why couldn't he did that and he did this and that blablabla

I'm not going to give my opinion on Canelo or Mayweather but come on are you seriously saying that you haven't seen anyone critizing Mayweather for coming in overweight against JMM? ugh
        Exactly ^^^^^^

I keep saying it....certain dudes are bonafied butch lesbians....fake dudes!!

Comment

Anything Mayweather is a big deal on this site. It is usually the same fans making it a big deal. Talking about double standards, here are a few examples. Mayweather beat De la Hoya, and the fight is labeled a cherry pick because De la was passed his prime. Pacquiao beat an even older De la Hoya and he's the next Ali. Hatton is too small for Mayweather. Just right for Pacquiao. Mayweather dominates Marquez, and the fans say it was the the extra two pounds. Pacquiao is in 3 close fights with Marquez (no excuses). He is eventually KO'd by Marquez, and the fans say he it's obviously because he's on steriods. Mosely, over the hill for Mayweather. Not a problem when Pacquiao fight him after.

Canelo will not get half the grief Mayweather did for coming in overweight against Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Veras Iron Chin View Post
            Canelo does the same exact thing, against a guy in his own weight class, and the world is going to end. Can anyone explain why there is a double standard here?
            Maybe because its over the weight class limit and mayweather was still under the class limit they were fighting at albiet not making the contacted weight is the issue and as far as double standard mayweather gets more than his fair share of heat for anything he or anybody else does in boxing which im sure is mostly due to the color of his flesh tho people dont want to admit but i see the language used like slick fighters that are brown and smart fighters that are not but brown people have a history of taking the sting out of derogatory words and making them into good ones ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Veras Iron Chin View Post
              Canelo does the same exact thing, against a guy in his own weight class, and the world is going to end. Can anyone explain why there is a double standard here?
              Floydfags allow exceptions for Floyd, you already know that
              a WW stealing lunch money from a LW was bad enough in itself
              Floyd blowing the CW just made it look worse
              everybody else called him on it though
              and Alvarez is just showing how amateurish he is with this
              he's been picking on small guys at JMW his whole run there
              he struggled with Trout, then got owned by Floyd
              now he's blowing weight and looking stupid
              the guy better just go up to mW after this

Comment

The TS used to be named coldcashcanelo. He made the thread because canelo did something shifty so he brought up Floyd as the defense. Sadly, posters pretend that Floyd fans were ok with Floyd and not canelo to somehow justify this thread. Seems he's still upset about September 2013. Move on and get over it already.

Fellas it's 2014, what Floyd did to JMM in 2010 has no bearing on canelo failing to make weight and paying angulo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  The TS used to be named coldcashcanelo. He made the thread because canelo did something shifty so he brought up Floyd as the defense. Sadly, posters pretend that Floyd fans were ok with Floyd and not canelo to somehow justify this thread. Seems he's still upset about September 2013. Move on and get over it already.

Fellas it's 2014, what Floyd did to JMM in 2010 has no bearing on canelo failing to make weight and paying angulo.
                  Maybe Floyd set a precedent. If you cannot make the weight, just pay the opponent off. It is most devaluing of our sport and I cannot wait for some opponent to just cancel a fight. This trend is sickening.

Comment

Ive yet to see any fans being overly harsh on Canelo for this.

Floyd was actually MUCH more criticized for what he did at the time. It wasnt just the fans, it was the media that was on him too. And yes, most of the hardcore Floyd fans didnt defend him on it.

OP is telling the story in reverse and you guys falling for this troll job.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      Maybe Floyd set a precedent. If you cannot make the weight, just pay the opponent off. It is most devaluing of our sport and I cannot wait for some opponent to just cancel a fight. This trend is sickening.
                      Since Floyd isnt the first to have done this, we can hardly call it setting a precedent can we?

Coming in overweight is old as **** in boxing and the USUAL penalty is you giving up part of your purse to your opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X