No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Making 1.25 Million, Angulo Will Receive 750K

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEll

Do people know he is getting part of the PPV money?

Comment

Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
      Canelo got 1.2 million against Mosley and 2 million against Lopez. Canelo must be getting all of the PPV money for this fight I guess.
      Yes, that's what it looks like. In boxing, the contract also includes the PPV and I'm sure Canelo is taking home a big chunk of that.

I think both Angulo and Canelo are going to get more when it's all said and done.

Comment

This is just further proof that GBP and SHO are broke

Hearn was offering Khan $5 mill to fight Kell Brook ffs

Comment

How many PPV buys does anyone expect this to get?

Im personally ordering on 2 fights this year.

Pac Vs Bradley

Martinez Vs Cotto

Comment

good for santa cruz. getting that mula!

Comment

And dumb p@ctards think Pac is better off with kconz and arum than al haymon.....LSC is making that guap.

Comment

Originally posted by MGMGRAND View Post
                How many PPV buys does anyone expect this to get?

Im personally ordering on 2 fights this year.

Pac Vs Bradley

Martinez Vs Cotto
                Im ordering Canelo vs Angulo because the undercard and main fight are going to be intense, if Molina is out.

Also Martinez vs Cotto because why not.

I will pass on Pac vs Bradley zzzzzzzzzz.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
                  Who said Canelo was the A-Side against Mayweather? And 400,000 PPVs would be a major success. It takes two popular fighters to make a great PPV. If you don't think Canelo had anything to do with the success of the Mayweather vs. Canelo PPV then you're crazy.
                  Go dig up the threads when the Floyd-Canelo numbers came out. Plenty here called Ginger the A-side.

As for the part Ginger played in the success. He played a big part. He played a huge part. But his fanbase isn't any bigger than a guy like Cotto's. The difference in the two shows with Floyd is that Canelo was sellable as a legitimate threat because of his record. While Cotto was seen as damaged goods. And they pumped a helluva lot more into promoting the Ginger fight.

As for 400k being a "huge" success. Like I said previously, I put Ginger on the same level as Cotto as far as a draw. Cotto can do 400k. I'd say 500k would be a "huge" success. I expect around 350k. Its also gonna be in the theaters. So I'm not sure how that affects the numbers either. 400k would be a solid number.

Comment

Originally posted by MGMGRAND View Post
                    I don't think anyone's picking at a Million dollars. People are just asking that why a man of his status is getting so less?

He's been marketed as the biggest star from Mexico, yes even of Juan Marquez and Julio Chavez Jr. Yet, hes not making as much as them.
                    Being hyped and getting paid are two different things. You think Barrera was making millions after being the next Chavez but then got KO'd by Junior Jones?

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                      This is just further proof that GBP and SHO are broke

Hearn was offering Khan $5 mill to fight Kell Brook ffs
                      So broke they are paying Santa Cruz 500 K for nothing

Comment

Working...
                      X