No announcement yet.

Did Cotto lose to Pacquaio because of the catchweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
    so he can still move but he cant throw then right? so whats the reason for cotto losing again LOL.. because at first u make it seem like he was so drained thats why he lost the fight when in reality he would still lost even at 147. so let me get this straight, both oscar and cotto was drained yet oscar didnt make it to see the 12th round when cotto did and thats because pac let cotto off the hook but not oscar then? LOL

Oscar quit. He could have continued if he really wanted to. He knew he couldn't win. So he just quit. Cotto tried his best to finish the fight. What is so hard about this to understand?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
      no problem with anyone asking, u happy now? so was canelo a skeleton then? i mean thats 2lbs off the full 154 weight limit? i mean if cotto was drained off 1lb canelo must be a skeleton right? have fun sugar coating ur response LOL.
      both fighters were 2 lbs under the weight max for the division. They were either equally drained or equally fine. The weight the fighters came in at previously has no bearing on the subsequent fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        I'm not saying anything is easy to lose, I've weight cut before.

All I'm saying is that 1 extra lb for Cotto made no difference when he was making 140 not too long before that and was 146 in the Clottey fight.

That said, I understand what you're saying and appreciate you keeping things cordial.
        I do not really like the way you think because Orlando Salido made weight for his fight with Orlando Cruz in October but in March he couldn't make weight. According to your logic he should have been able and not be drained because he made weight in his last fight.

Comment

• [QUOTE=ooohhhnin;14291375]Just to correct you, cotto's father died after the. Cotto even kissed his father in between the round 8 or 9

indeed it is so. Thanks for the correction. I could of swore it was the pac fight.

Comment

• Catch weight, No trainer, Margacheato's fight fresh demons. IF he did no had those elements maybe he could still loose to PAc but not the way it went down

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Cotto fighting Marg at 150 has nothing to do with the weight for a cotto manny rematch.

If other fight weights are relative, I could just as easily ask why could manny fight odh at 147 and not cotto.
              you must be really dumb to consider manny declining cottot at 154 a duck or a bully move.
              have manny fought at full 154?
              was manny a full blown ww when odlh cherry picked him? what was manny's last fight before odlh and how many fights did he have at that weight? did he have a fight at jww before odlh?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                stop lying just to make manny less accountable than every other fighter who negotiated a CW. If they didn't need it they wouldn't have requested it.
                Sorry bud but big Cotto was the first true WW that Manny fought. Not too bad of a fight if you ask me .... even if it was a CW ..... Sure, since it was a title fight, should have been at the limit.

but as a fight ..... well .... Now I understand if Manny had already a few fights at WW against true WW and had won a title already. Then I'm with you, Manny would be held accountable BUT Manny didn't do that (Floyd DID!!!).
                After the Cotto fight he fought at the WW limit every time he held his title. Unlike Floyd, Floyd fought several times, had a title, so did his opponent YET they fought at a CW. When was the last time you saw that?

Comment

Working...
                X