No announcement yet.

Did Cotto lose to Pacquaio because of the catchweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    do think he could-yes. But my opinion doesn't change the fact floyd negotiated a CW and wouldn't have done so if he didn't feel it gave him a better chance to win.
    canelo beats floyd just like cotto beats pac.

Comment

I only asked was it fair to ask the questions, which you chose not to nswer.
      i gave u what u wanted to hear. why waste my time giving u my honest opinion when ur just gonna twist and turn things around? so cotto beats pac. the end of our conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        At that level, 1-2 lbs don't matter. It's more of a psychological thing IMO.

The same results would have happened in both fights, CW or no CW.

It's just a case of the big names flexing their muscles.

It's been happening in boxing for over 100 years now in one form or another.
        In any sport that has weight classes-1 or 2 pounds ALWAYS matters. If not for 2 lbs-Salido would be FW champ right now and we wouldn't have had to hear Lampley tak about him not making weight as much.

We can agree the outcome may have been the same.

I agree about flexing muscle-but it still creates an advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
          i gave u what u wanted to hear. why waste my time giving u my honest opinion when ur just gonna twist and turn things around? so cotto beats pac. the end of our conversation.
          I simply asked you was it ok to ask these questions. Your lack of a response has nothing to do with what you think I want to hear. The only thing I wanted to hear was if you thought it was fair to ask those questions.
          Last edited by The Big Dunn; 03-04-2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
            so u're saying he wssnt healthy at 145? LOL! how did he manage to win the 1st round then if he was soooo sick and weak? cotto had no legs? are u serious????? is that why in the later rounds he was on his bike?? i dont get what ur saying, first u said he's unhealthy, weak, then u said he ran for 6 rounds? then u said he has no stamina LOL! listen to urself dude lmao!

again, did dawson win the first round vs. ward or not? wasn't he obviously weight drained? winning the first round, a fill-it-out round doesn't mean much. a drained fighter get's weaker as the fight goes on. they don't have legs. they don't have stamina. they don't have any snap on their punches.

he was moving way to avoid fighting. he wasn't fighting pacquiao off. manny let him survive. roach was mad at him for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_L View Post
              you don't think that's what he's implying???
              Not in that statement whatsoever

Comment

In any sport that has weight classes-1 or 2 pounds ALWAYS matters. If not for 2 lbs-Salido would be FW champ right now and we wouldn't have had to hear Lampley tak about him not making weight as much.

We can agree the outcome may have been the same.

I agree about flexing muscle-but it still creates an advantage.
                Do your homework, he was more than 2 lbs overweight.

That said, Solido was just making weight for a division he held a title in, which makes it a completely different scenario.

Cotto was only 1 lb under his previous fights weight and came from fighting 5 lbs south of that.

If that was fight day weight, I would agree with you but I really don't think the 1 lb made a difference at all aside from mentally.

Comment

Not in that statement whatsoever
                  so when he saids "advantage", what do you think that means?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                    again, did dawson win the first round vs. ward or not? wasn't he obviously weight drained? winning the first round, a fill-it-out round doesn't mean much. a drained fighter get's weaker as the fight goes on. they don't have legs. they don't have stamina. they don't have any snap on their punches.

he was moving way to avoid fighting. he wasn't fighting pacquiao off. manny let him survive. roach was mad at him for that.
                    why compare fighters?? dawson didnt fight pac it was cotto. a drained fighter gets weaker as the fight goes on? so cotto did well in the 1st and 2nd round. so ur telling me after that he was completely drained then? so then how was he able to "run" for the other 6 rounds as u put it? LOL!!! a drained fighter doesnt have the well or power to run. LOL

Comment

Do your homework, he was more than 2 lbs overweight.

That said, Solido was just making weight for a division he held a title in, which makes it a completely different scenario.

Cotto was only 1 lb under his previous fights weight and came from fighting 5 lbs south of that.

If that was fight day weight, I would agree with you but I really don't think the 1 lb made a difference at all aside from mentally.
                      If you have ever wrestled or boxed than you know the most diffcult pounds to lose are the last ones. That said, i can respect your opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X