• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How'd Roy go 12 with Tarver?

I said he was drained. Not comatoast.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      If you have ever wrestled or boxed than you know the most diffcult pounds to lose are the last ones. That said, i can respect your opinion.
      I'm not saying anything is easy to lose, I've weight cut before.

All I'm saying is that 1 extra lb for Cotto made no difference when he was making 140 not too long before that and was 146 in the Clottey fight.

That said, I understand what you're saying and appreciate you keeping things cordial.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
        u just mad because this lil midget came up from 106 and just decided to walk thru cotto like nothing. when nobody can drop mosley and this lil dude can. hahahahaha!!! 146 to 145 is 1lb off and 154 to 152 is 2llbs off. remember what u said every lbs counts, so no its not the same, canelo was more drained LMAO!!
        Why would anyone be mad that manny walked thru cotto?

The official weight is 147, not 146. But since you went there-canelo won the title at 153. he lost it at 152. Only 1 pound. See we can all use silly arguments.

If the cw didn't matter manny wouldn't have asked for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          I'm not saying anything is easy to lose, I've weight cut before.

All I'm saying is that 1 extra lb for Cotto made no difference when he was making 140 not too long before that and was 146 in the Clottey fight.

That said, I understand what you're saying and appreciate you keeping things cordial.
          We will never know what would've happened had the fight been at 147 and how cotto would've been had he only had to get to that weight in camp instead of 145. We do know that whether he weighed 145 or 147 his fighting style wouldn't have changed.

I appreciate the cordialness as well. I think since niether of us is worried about how are opinion affects pacs win then we can debate politelly and reach common ground or agree to disagree respectfully.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_L View Post
            Not backtracking one bit. You twist what I say to see it how you want.

Oscar quit on his stool. He could have tried to run and survive. Chose not to. Cotto coulda quit. Chose not to. Both were drained, worn out fighters.

Dawson went into the 10th. Was it weight drained or not? Simple question.
            why keep dodging the question? i asked u if cotto was drained like u said, how was he able to dodge and avoid punches, how was he able to back paddle for the last 6 rounds? i mean cotto was so drained right? in one sentence u go on about how drained cotto was then the next u talk about how cotto was fighting to survive, ducking and dodging punches, etc. and oscar quit on the stool because hmmm i wonder why??? he was drained! couldnt continue, didnt have the power to last 12 rounds. cotto drained? no.

Comment

Why would anyone be mad that manny walked thru cotto?

The official weight is 147, not 146. But since you went there-canelo won the title at 153. he lost it at 152. Only 1 pound. See we can all use silly arguments.

If the cw didn't matter manny wouldn't have asked for it.
              nice try buddy, but canelo's prior fight to floyd was at 154 as compare to cotto before he fought pac was at 146. thats still a 2lbs difference from the weight canelo fought floyd at and cotto fought pac at LOL and from the way u guys talked about fighters being drained over 1lb then i guess canelo was a skeleton then cuz thats 2lbs!! LOL! and the walking thru cotto part was a react of what ur boy floyd said about manny LOL.

Comment

nice try buddy, but canelo's prior fight to floyd was at 154 as compare to cotto before he fought pac was at 146. thats still a 2lbs difference from the weight canelo fought floyd at and cotto fought pac at LOL and from the way u guys talked about fighters being drained over 1lb then i guess canelo was a skeleton then cuz thats 2lbs!! LOL! and the walking thru cotto part was a react of what ur boy floyd said about manny LOL.
                For someone who posted our conversation was over, you seem more than willing to debate now. The fact is you wouldn't answer before because both questions were fair to ask.

You have the mindset that anyone who thinks the CW gave manny an advantage is trying to discredit the win. some are but not everyone is.

Its really simple, Either both cotto and canelo were affected or they both were not. Posters like you keep trying to make Manny asking for a CW as something worse or different than any other fighter doing so. It isn't.

Manny did it to help make winning easier-same as all those before him and after him.

Comment

why keep dodging the question? i asked u if cotto was drained like u said, how was he able to dodge and avoid punches, how was he able to back paddle for the last 6 rounds? i mean cotto was so drained right? in one sentence u go on about how drained cotto was then the next u talk about how cotto was fighting to survive, ducking and dodging punches, etc. and oscar quit on the stool because hmmm i wonder why??? he was drained! couldnt continue, didnt have the power to last 12 rounds. cotto drained? no.
                  What am I dodging?

Being drained doesn't mean you can't move. Because Cotto could still move his body parts he was ok???

How many times do I have to say Pacquiao let him off the hook? Pacquiao did not attack him hard the last few rounds. That is why he lasted as long as he did. Not because of his masterful ability to slip punches. He was getting hit with everything Pac threw.

Comment

For someone who posted our conversation was over, you seem more than willing to debate now. The fact is you wouldn't answer before because both questions were fair to ask.

You have the mindset that anyone who thinks the CW gave manny an advantage is trying to discredit the win. some are but not everyone is.

Its really simple, Either both cotto and canelo were affected or they both were not. Posters like you keep trying to make Manny asking for a CW as something worse or different than any other fighter doing so. It isn't.

Manny did it to help make winning easier-same as all those before him and after him.
                    no problem with anyone asking, u happy now? so was canelo a skeleton then? i mean thats 2lbs off the full 154 weight limit? i mean if cotto was drained off 1lb canelo must be a skeleton right? have fun sugar coating ur response LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                      What am I dodging?

Being drained doesn't mean you can't move. Because Cotto could still move his body parts he was ok???

How many times do I have to say Pacquiao let him off the hook? Pacquiao did not attack him hard the last few rounds. That is why he lasted as long as he did. Not because of his masterful ability to slip punches. He was getting hit with everything Pac threw.
                      so he can still move but he cant throw then right? so whats the reason for cotto losing again LOL.. because at first u make it seem like he was so drained thats why he lost the fight when in reality he would still lost even at 147. so let me get this straight, both oscar and cotto was drained yet oscar didnt make it to see the 12th round when cotto did and thats because pac let cotto off the hook but not oscar then? LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X