No announcement yet.

Is Joe Frazier really an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
    Muhammad Ali with a huge lay-off is a better win on paper but it isn't impressive for the fact he had a huge lay-off and the fight could of easily been scored towards Ali.

I'm not making myself look like an idiot
    Stop. Just stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      I believe it's OK to think Frazier is an ATG heavy due to his win over Ali and his place in history at the time, but as I mentioned previously in this thread his resume is lacking ATG quality to say the least; outside Ali, he didn't fight and beat the top dogs of his era, something you usually consider when talking ATG. His career is quite mediocre, aside from the Ali win (Ali wasn't even in his prime anymore, too).

You guys wearing rose-tinted glasses when it comes to Frazier should cool it a bit. Frazier is pretty overrated in general, however much you think of his Ali trilogy career. Add his three KO losses to this, and you can see how overblown the praise for him is.
      You already tried to spin that ridiculous notion in this thread, it's already been shot down as it is a complete pile of bs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
        Stop. Just stop.
        Go and actually watch the fight before commenting...

Say it once and I'll say it again boxing is a subjective sport If you can't accept that you've got the wrong sport.

Comment

Say it once and I'll say it again boxing is a subjective sport If you can't accept that you've got the wrong sport.
          Yeah, Chris Byrd is on par with Muhammad Ali because you said so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
            Don't get me wrong I respect the guy for his toughness and heart but is he really an all time great?

He's known for getting absolutely destroyed by George Foreman and for losing a trilogy to Muhammad Ali, probably the greatest HW of all times.

I know he did beat Ali once but that's it, he lost to "The Greatest" two times. Of course it's not a shame to lose a fight to Muhammad Ali.

But, lets be honest here, winning one fight against coming back from 4 year break Ali is not enough to be considered an ATG.
            Why not? Some ****ing idiots here think Donaire is an ATG

I take it you aren't that stupid..

But you're basically calling Joe Frazier a glorified club fighter.. so maybe you are?

Comment

YOU should watch the fight. Everyone knew he lost. Ali himself knew he lost.

Comment

• Guys must be joking comparing Frazier with Wladimir. Wladimir is among the 5 greatest HW's of all time, and will most likely go down in history as the most dominant and longest reigning HW champion of all time when all is said and done.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  You already tried to spin that ridiculous notion in this thread, it's already been shot down as it is a complete pile of bs.
                  Well outside Ali, he didn't beat the best, that's just a fact

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Come on.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Sanders was cathing him with right jabs and landed a few straight lefts before they got into a clinch and his head glanced Wlad's chin. That happens every fight.

Even Wlad says the reason he lost was lack of focus.

I'll take that over any headbutt excuse.

Thanks for your kind words.

In response, perhaps I phrased that wrong: the headbutt was a contributing factor in the first KD. We all know how Wladimir reacts when he's floored - he panics - and only under Steward's tutorage did he find a way to negate that problem.

Comment

• Yes Joe Frazier is a ATG.

Thread closed

Comment

Working...
                      X