Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Danny Garcia fighting a journeyman Mauricio Herrera?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    It's a stay busy fight after he just destroyed "the machine" Judah wasn't shot when he fought Danny. He was at least top 10 at 140. Morales had a rematch clause and khan was still a top guy at 140. He has a better resume than most and was supposed to lose his last few fights. Don't get why everyone is complaining

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      Why? He had a fight with a shot-to-**** Judah, bizarrely rematched Morales, and comfortably outboxed a one-eyed fighter.

I like Danny, he's a good fighter, but this is a rubbish match up.
      Why are you discounting the Mattysee win? Garcia "comfortably outboxed a one eyed fighter" because he closed one of Lucas' eyes

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Why are you discounting the Mattysee win? Garcia "comfortably outboxed a one eyed fighter" because he closed one of Lucas' eyes
        Yea they love to act like a punch didnt close his eye

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
          So he doesn't have to train as hard probably,the guys getting lazy
          This may be just be a tune up but I can't call danny lazy. He's always in the gym and stays In shape year round

Comment

Herrera ain't no journeymen, partner.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
              There's LOTS of good boxers at 140 and 147 to choose from, many interesting matchups that good be made for Danny Garcia.

So why is the light welterweight champion fighting a journeyman Mauricio Herrera?
              He's coming off the biggest fight of his career..someone who was suppose to knock his head off. Plus he just wanted to do a fight in puerto rico.

Plus Mauricio Herrera has a win over current Russian monster, Provodnikov, and make it to a decision vs Mayfield and Alvarado.

He's not a total tomato can.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                When Wladimir or Vitali do it, they catch hell for it on these boxing forums.

But I like Danny Garcia.

I made this thread because there are a lot of more INTERESTING matchups involving Garcia that could be made at 140 or 147 (Alexander, Broner, Khabib, Porter, Guerrero, Peterson, Mayfield, Postol, etc).
                If i'm not mistaken Khabib, Mayfield and Postol are Top Rank. Not only is Garcia GBP, but also a Haymon fighter.

He and Broner are apparently close friends, they will not fight unless there's a humongous amount of money to be made for both.

Alexander, Guerrero, Porter are all WW's and would be kinda quick step ups for a JWW. Garcia needs a softer WW to test the waters.

That leaves Peterson, I agree that Garcia-Peterson would be a good fight.

Comment

east coast fighters like judah, hopkins and garcia dont duck and dodge no opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by twrx View Post
                    Lemme guess people want him to fight provodnikov but forget Herrera beat Ruslan pretty easy
                    ^This. Let's not forget this is boxing and if he can beat Provodnikov there is definitely a possibility he can beat Garcia. I personally don't mind Garcia fighting Herrera. He has had a tough schedule regardless what anyone thinks.

Comment

Style wise this can be a dangerous fight if Garcia doesn't take it serious. It may not be the big fight but compared to what most of the other champions are going against in upcoming matches, it is a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X