Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Danny Garcia fighting a journeyman Mauricio Herrera?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight in no way is showcased like a top fight. It is a show case in another market to see if they can pick up more fans.

Herrera is not a top fighter but his record doesn't show how tough he really is.

Comment

Golden Boy is trying to explore another market in Puerto Rico and trying to build Dannys fan base. I do however find that his opponent is a huge step down from Matthysse but there is literally no one else for Danny to face at 140 other than a rematch with Matthysse. He gets a pass for taking on and beating a guy although being the champion he was seen as a huge underdog against.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
        One?

Old Judah, old Morales twice and now this.

Herrera's past two wins came over fighters who have 8 losses and 10 losses. In his two fights before that, he lost to Karim Mayfield who was 16-0 and to Mike Alvarado. Herrera is age 33 and has never fought for a title before.
        Zab Judah is not an easy fight, ask anyone who fought him.
        Erik Morales is not an easy fight, ask Marcos Maidana.
        Fighters who defeated them with "ease" as you might say were guys who were able to make it LOOK easy but it doesn't mean it really is. Herrera is a tough mother****er who is always ready to bang it out, he gave Ruslan his first loss on FNF's and his overall ability to fight is better than most even know or give him credit for.

This to me is a legit fight for Danny especially since it's being put out there like a showcase fight or a stay busy fight and in truth this isn't no easy, pass the time kind of guy he's fighting, Mauricio will come to win, in my opinion he wont win but I have to go with what I know of him and that is that he will bring the fight to Danny and it will be good for fight fans. This reminds me of when Ward took an OPTIONAL stay busy fight against Sakio Bika of all people, Sakio is a current Champion now if I'm not mistaken and years ago Ward just picked him for a fight he didn't even have to do and he beat him soundly, these are things only the special ones can do.

also losing to Karim Mayfield at any point is no shame in that and Alvarado is an excellent fighter so to lose to him there is no shame in that neither and look at that Alvarado beat Herrera but couldn't beat Ruslan whom Herrera already beat and took away his 0, sometimes it's that way in Boxing. I am excited for this fight I can't wait.

Comment

danny garcia deserves a showcase fight. he went through the gauntlet and came out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            He gets a pass because he took on who most thought (including me) was going to absolutely destroy him. That was a very tough fight for him even though he got the W. He deserves a softer fight before taking on another physically taxing one.

Plus, they are trying to showcase him for the PR market so they better not take any risks while trying to sell him over there.
            Simple and to the point. It is perfect for these idiots.

Comment

So moving fwd, He needs to unify the titles

with LP.
              Winner takes all the belts.

Comment

From what i hear he won't take any risky fights until he gets Floyd according to Rafael expect him to have another showcase fight after this one

Comment

This is strictly to warm him up to the PR people. Every fighter gets a pass on light work because every fighter has done it. Danny is still young with years left in his boxing career so why keep throwing him out there to fight the best when he's still learning, growing, and being marketed? Big fights are going to happen so just be patient.

Comment

GBP saw what top rank did in china, and there realizing they need to explore znd develop other markets for there prospects.

GBP still hasn't proved they they can build a prospect into a real superstar yet.

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
                      This to me is a legit fight for Danny especially since it's being put out there like a showcase fight or a stay busy fight and in truth this isn't no easy, pass the time kind of guy he's fighting, Mauricio will come to win, in my opinion he wont win but I have to go with what I know of him and that is that he will bring the fight to Danny and it will be good for fight fans. This reminds me of when Ward took an OPTIONAL stay busy fight against Sakio Bika of all people, Sakio is a current Champion now if I'm not mistaken and years ago Ward just picked him for a fight he didn't even have to do and he beat him soundly, these are things only the special ones can do
                      called it lol

Comment

Working...
                      X