Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Danny Garcia fighting a journeyman Mauricio Herrera?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBear View Post
    Style wise this can be a dangerous fight if Garcia doesn't take it serious. It may not be the big fight but compared to what most of the other champions are going against in upcoming matches, it is a good fight.
    Besides Wlad? How so?

Comment

I don't particularly like the match up, but he's building a name for himself in Puerto Rico. Now that he's had his name in the spotlight fighting alongside Mayweather and Canelo, he's likely using a soft touch to solidify his fan base and put on a show.

Comment

You of all people getting mad at Garcia fighting Herrera....really??? At least we've heard of him. Wlad fights guys absolutely no one has heard of every other fight.

Danny is coming off beating Khan when he was one of the top JWW's, Judah, and the big bad Lucas Matthyssee.

He's had a very good run. I'm sure he'll be in a big fight later this year after Herrera. Herrera ain't THAT BAD either. He did beat that one guy Provonikov, who's the next "THIS GUY WILL KILL ANYONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD" fighter on here.

Comment

Well that journey man beat fellow 140 lb champ so its not a bad tuneup fight, let him showcase in puerto rico it isn't a big deal after destroying the machine

Comment

Testing the water in PR is a smart move. A fighter coming from Philly with the backing of the PR fanbase is pretty solid..

Comment

1. It's a stay busy fight to take the opportunity to broaden his Puerto Rican fanbase. Why not showcase your talents in PR?

2. He plans to have a unification match with Lamont Peterson

3. He knows a match with Mayweather could be in his near future.

4. He has already beaten the top threats to his title, he doesn't need to prove anything .

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
                Besides Wlad? How so?
                Yes Wlad, Mayweather/KhanMaidana, Who is Golovkin fighting? etc.

Comment

meh, he's still young and i think he's fighting three times this year. so i can't complain.

Comment

Becuase he is in puerto rico, and real puerto rican dont like danny, you guys see his dad begging people to accept his son as puerto rican lol. So they pucked herrera hoping he will make garcia look good which he should.

real boxing fans know what ahppenings, fan boys will ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                      Yes Wlad, Mayweather/KhanMaidana, Who is Golovkin fighting? etc.
                      Mayweather-Khan....I agree

Mayweather-Maidana is actually a unification against a Top 10 WW though. That's certainly better then Danny fighting Herrera.

Comment

Working...
                      X