Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Floyd be more active, since Maidana has a high punch output?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punchr View Post
    Punches don't stop Chino; they make him angrier.

He ate prime Amir Khan's shots like nothing and kept coming forward, prime Victor Ortiz' shots like nothing and kept coming forward, and prime Adrien Broner's shots nothing and kept coming forward.
    Watch those fights again. Khan dropped him and had him hurt, and there were times in that fight when Khan would fire off a combination and Maidana would back off. Same with the Broner fight, he was hit by a (body shot?) and immediately backed off into the ropes.
    He can definitely be hurt and made hesitant.

Comment

floyd wont do anything real different. he doesnt have to throw more punches to "keep up", floyd can make him miss shots and get him tired.

i think floyd will throw something like 550 punches, landing 44%. my prediction

Comment

Floyd whoops the Dogg shiiiet outta maidana

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
          Watch those fights again. Khan dropped him and had him hurt, and there were times in that fight when Khan would fire off a combination and Maidana would back off. Same with the Broner fight, he was hit by a (body shot?) and immediately backed off into the ropes.
          He can definitely be hurt and made hesitant.
          I've watched Broner-Maidana in its entirety over forty times.

In fact, I've watched all of Maidana's fights.

But I see your point nonetheless. Truthfully punches seem to just pester Maidana. They never stop him in his tracks. He has the balls to keep coming forward, even when hurt.

Comment

during the ortiz fight, mayweather jr. was pressured to the ropes a lot. against maidana, it could be the same but without a sucker punch to pull himself out of the hole, maidana might just have a chance

Comment

I voted yes. Maidana will come at Floyd hard just like he did in his fight with Broner. Floyd will be more active because he has the stamina that Broner does not have and he does not want to lose like Broner did. I don't think Floyd is fighting Maidana. I think Khan was the choice months ago and all the talk about Maidana being a possible opponent is a bunch of BS. Mayweather is a bit embarrassed about fighting cherry pick Khan but not embarrassed enough to fight someone better.

Comment

Floyd will fight like a boring coward runner and Maidana's punch output will be his lowest ever only because Al Haymon paid him to lose.....and because Floyd is scared of what Pacman did to Rios.

Comment

Please, his workrate will be cut in half.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                    In my humble opinion Mayweather will need a high work rate, sharp lateral movement, and clinch as soon as Maidana is in punching range.

Otherwise he increases Maidana's chances to hit him with something stupid.

Maidana has shown in his last fight that he can handle the pressure from getting walked down. Broner was walking Maidana down, yet Maidana was still composed enough to effectively fight on the back foot, e.g. Chino produced the second knockdown in the Broner fight while on the back foot.

I think Mayweather gets hurt badly if he stands still. I don't see him successfully rolling, catching, or slipping Maidana's punches without getting nailed with power.

He needs to have a high guard and stay on his bike 90 percent of the time.

Minimize exchanges. Give the puncher less chances to get those bombs off.
                    Using adrian I can't judge range broner is not a good comparison. Broner never found his range vs maidana he found where he could hit him but forgot the part of not getting hit back. Floyd's a master at this I think the past think he'll do is walk into a left hook. The Canelo fight should tell you all you need to know about trying to box Floyd on the back foot lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                      during the ortiz fight, mayweather jr. was pressured to the ropes a lot. against maidana, it could be the same but without a sucker punch to pull himself out of the hole, maidana might just have a chance
                      He also out weighed him by like 15 pounds and has ****** strength who hasn't he(Ortiz)pushed back when they fought? He was even pushing maidana back at times I think that's how the first knock down happened if remember correctly

Comment

Working...
                      X