Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the more entertaining, fan-friendly style: Andre Ward or Gennady Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    There are people in the Bay Area who don't even know who Andre Ward is.

I know huge Golden State Warriors/Niners fans who haven't heard at all of Andre Ward.
    Wow that's sad. He probably goes court side and no one even acknowledges him, but then again his ticket sales have been horrible so maybe he's back in the nosebleeds somewhere.

Ward fans are a little too jealous of Triple G right now.

Comment

82 to 7 for ggg.. haha! nsb rocks
      someone email a link of this thread to wards management, along with this ->

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Too add to this; Ward would be a lot more exciting against GGGs level competition and as indicated in the earlier part of his career, he'd have a much higher K.O %
        finally someone noticed that!

Comment

A great boxer is more entertaining to me.

Comment

Depends on whether you liked skilled boxers or not.

Comment

need more of your alts butthurts if the vote rich more than a hundred then someone should fetch this to twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Starof David View Post
                Depends on whether you liked skilled boxers or not.
                Both Golovkin and Ward are skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                  Both Golovkin and Ward are skilled.
                  well they're blinded with jealousy and racism

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Gun to my head, if I had to choose to pay $70 for one of their last fight without knowing how the fights would turn out, 10 out of 10 times i'd go with Ward-Rodriguez over GGG-Adama. And if I had to choose to pay for their last 5 fights, i'd much rather watch Ward vs Rodriguez, Dawson, Froch, Abraham and Bika over GGG vs Adama, Stevens, Macklin, Ishida, Rosado.

I genuinely enjoyed Andre Ward's last 5 fights. And I say that in all honesty. Andre Ward has been a joy to watch in his last 5 fights, there was nothing boring in any of the fights. He is an entertaining boxer to watch. The beauty of it all is that Ward did it against top notch opposition, barring a weight drained Dawson, who he handled like a #2 P4P fighter should handle a weight drained fighter, TKO'ing him.

There's nothing entertaining about a good fighter beating up on tomato cans and fighters with 6, 10, losses and low or no ranking in the weight class, or coming up in weight class.
                    Too bad the poll asked about their style, not their opposition. You fail

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Too add to this; Ward would be a lot more exciting against GGGs level competition and as indicated in the earlier part of his career, he'd have a much higher K.O %
                      At 20-0 before the Super Six, he had 13 KOs out of 20 bouts. That's 65% KO%, still significantly lower than GGG's at present day (89% KO %, 26/29 fights).

Comment

Working...
                      X