Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the more entertaining, fan-friendly style: Andre Ward or Gennady Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AVDB View Post
    At 20-0 before the Super Six, he had 13 KOs out of 20 bouts. That's 65% KO%, still significantly lower than GGG's at present day (89% KO %, 26/29 fights).
    they're trying hard dude

Comment

Sheesh! 88-9??? Wow, where are all the clinch loving posters at who talk about how slick Ward is??? Not even they could bring themselves to vote for him. Lol

Comment

I like watching Ward fights when I have insomnia

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Too add to this; Ward would be a lot more exciting against GGGs level competition and as indicated in the earlier part of his career, he'd have a much higher K.O %
          LMFAO

Comment

GGG for now.

WHen you fight bigger and better fighters, you need to adjust to what they bring to the table. GGG can fight his current style because the quality of opponent he faced hasn't made him do anything different. As soon as he fights the level of opposition ward has, he will surely adjust his style. especially when he gos up. If he chooses not to he will likely lose.

I think a good example is Ricky Hatton. His style worked forever-and then as he went up he had problems with collazo, got murked by floyd, got killed by Manny.

Comment

I believe the general Boxing fan will be more entertained by GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                I don't think so.

Since Andre Ward says "We're Being Force Fed That Golovkin is a Star" then surely I should be able to simply ask people who is the more exciting boxer.
                GGG is more fan friendly, but words can be interpreted many different ways. Who's a better singer Justin Beiber or Christina Aguleira? Justin has more fans because it's more pop-like these days compared to Christina but she's obviously a better talent. Yeah just trying to play both sides here and make it a discussion.

GGG is more fan friendly, I feel Ward is more proven and a much better fighter....depends what you want to make of his comments I guess.

Comment

Poll results so far: 100 to 9 for Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    GGG for now.

WHen you fight bigger and better fighters, you need to adjust to what they bring to the table. GGG can fight his current style because the quality of opponent he faced hasn't made him do anything different. As soon as he fights the level of opposition ward has, he will surely adjust his style. especially when he gos up. If he chooses not to he will likely lose.

I think a good example is Ricky Hatton. His style worked forever-and then as he went up he had problems with collazo, got murked by floyd, got killed by Manny.
                    Just for admitting that, my respect for you went up a little since your bias isn't as great as guys like shoulder roll, kev, Jloro, hitking, Stax etc.

Although you should've voted even though I know you don't wanna add to the imbalance lol

Comment

There is a reason why Ward made this list:
                      http://***************.com/showthrea...6-Muhammad-Ali

and GGG didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X