Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the more entertaining, fan-friendly style: Andre Ward or Gennady Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I feel if it wasn't for the unnecessary clinching then I'd probably be inclined to pick Wards craft. When he isn't doing this I enjoy watching him and like picking up on his subtle skills and tactics. I think he is a very well rounded, intelligent fighter.

However I can not appreciate the excessive clinching, it bores me ****less so I pick GGG.

Too add to this; Ward would be a lot more exciting against GGGs level competition and as indicated in the earlier part of his career, he'd have a much higher K.O %

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Too add to this; Ward would be a lot more exciting against GGGs level competition and as indicated in the earlier part of his career, he'd have a much higher K.O %
      Ward ain't dropping let alone hurting anybody. Stop painting him with an imaginary brush that he is a big hitter depending on the level of fighter he is in with.

Last non-weight drained stoppage he had was in 2009 against Shelby Pudwill.

Hasn't even came close to hurting a fly since.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Gun to my head, if I had to choose to pay $70 for one of their last fight without knowing how the fights would turn out, 10 out of 10 times i'd go with Ward-Rodriguez over GGG-Adama. And if I had to choose to pay for their last 5 fights, i'd much rather watch Ward vs Rodriguez, Dawson, Froch, Abraham and Bika over GGG vs Adama, Stevens, Macklin, Ishida, Rosado.

I genuinely enjoyed Andre Ward's last 5 fights. And I say that in all honesty. Andre Ward has been a joy to watch in his last 5 fights, there was nothing boring in any of the fights. He is an entertaining boxer to watch. The beauty of it all is that Ward did it against top notch opposition, barring a weight drained Dawson, who he handled like a #2 P4P fighter should handle a weight drained fighter, TKO'ing him.

There's nothing entertaining about a good fighter beating up on tomato cans and fighters with 6, 10, losses and low or no ranking in the weight class, or coming up in weight class.
        Good post, smh at all the SOG haters

Comment

no doubt it's golovkin. he produces a lot more ko's and knockouts are always exciting

Comment

Golovkin is entertaining because he takes so many punches but the weak level of opposition takes away from it. It is like watching the Lakers play a highschool team and seeing the High school team score alot of points before getting beat.

Ward may not be as exciting but he at least fights a high level of competition. That is what champions should do.

Comment

GGG is more entertaining, but ward beats him if they ever fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                Good post, smh at all the SOG haters
                SOG fans getting owned according to the poll

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
                  SOG fans getting owned according to the poll
                  The poll is about who is exciting, not who earned their ranking or is better.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
                    Call it a shut out. Somebody should share this to Ward on twitter and see who he thinks is getting force fed
                    damn thats a good idea lol ... needs more votes though

Comment

There are people in the Bay Area who don't even know who Andre Ward is.

I know huge Golden State Warriors/Niners fans who haven't heard at all of Andre Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X