Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the more entertaining, fan-friendly style: Andre Ward or Gennady Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T18Z View Post
    I'm sorry, I thought this discussion was about entertainment and fan-friendly style, not level of opposition.

I'm not denying Ward has a better resume, but this isn't about resume. Golovkin knocks people out, violently and with great boxing ability, while arguably having a much bigger fan base in ~2 years than Ward has generated in his whole career. GGG wins this vote, try to stay on topic please.
    I asked you because it pertains to my response, which you quoted.

I don't find it entertaining to watch a guy KTFO of someone he is supposed to KO. I find it more entertaining to watch a guy like Ward go through something like the super 6.

Close fights are entertaining, pre ordained KO's are not.

If this was the case-WIlder would be the most exciting and entertaining fighter in the sport.

GGG has great skill and is a damn good boxer, that's why I keep pushing for the ward fight.
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-15-2014, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• needs moar meme...

I'm starting to want this fight more than Pac/May now, but I get the feeling the closest we will get is Kovalev vs Hopkins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
        Romanian.

Wards style = groaznic.
        ... Salutari din Bucuresti, frate!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
          There is where you argument fails, from atechnical standpoint what they do(hitting and excessively clinching/holding for 12 rounds) is not legal. Only a casual fan would say that.
          Nah man. Only great technical fighters go 12 rounds. Fighters who knock guys out aren't technical. They're just face-first brawlers. I learned this on NSB.

Originally posted by Undisput3d View Post
          It will be really akward for andre if hes sitting ringside as a commentator on saturday.His saltyness will be on full display.bet on it.
          Yep and when he's not taking a weak verbal shot at GGG, he will be feigning excitement and sounding as boring as always.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... Salutari din Bucuresti, frate!!!
            Salut salut!! La fel, Bucuresti

Excuse me for a moment.

Comment

• Golovkin by a mile, watching Ward in the ring is like watching paint dry.

Comment

• I like them both. I like when Ward dominates a strong and rated opponents. And I like Golovkin pounding the crap out of guys and becoming a star in the process but he really need to start getting some really good names to fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                  Andre Ward has said "We're being force fed that Golovkin is a star".

So I ask you all: who is the more exciting boxer, Ward or Golovkin?
                  LOL, you have some weird obsessed Ward hatred, I see every time. You know exactly that most of the people think that GGG is more exciting. The poll was totally pointless --> hater thread.
                  You'd really love to see Ward losing in the ring but he is too good and too inactive for that so if you can't jerk off to Ward's losing you make threads where he surely does and cheer fo his defeats in courtroom. Pathetic...
                  Last edited by HEND; 10-15-2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Interesting how the fans in Ward's home state of California booed when Ward's name was mentioned after the Golovkin-Monroe fight.

And Golovkin drew THREE TIMES as many fans as went to Ward's last fight in Oakland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Interesting how the fans in Ward's home state of California booed when Ward's name was mentioned after the Golovkin-Monroe fight.

And Golovkin drew THREE TIMES as many fans as went to Ward's last fight in Oakland.
                      if u knew anything about cali u would know theres a huge sports rivalry between souther canlifornia (LA where the forum is) and the bay area part of cali where ward is from.,,u aint very bright huh

Comment

Working...
                      X