Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name an active fighter 147-154 you can say 100% would give Mayweather 12 hard rounds.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
    Nobody. You can drink all the kool-aid you want. You can be in denial all you want. The fact of the matter is that Floyd Mayweathe Jr. is head and shoulders above everybody at 147 & 154, period. It hurts, you don't like it, you want to believe that there's someone who can slay the dragon, but it will not happen. Not Lara (4 Rounds), not Thurman (No Rounds), not Pacquiao (No Rounds). You can hope and pray all you want, but it won't happen. Unless he goes to 160, you can kiss your dream goodbye, and even then, he still might whoop ass.
    I see they don't call you "J The Unbiased" for nothing ..... you are so unbiased when you respond that your name fits your posts (sarcasm being used)

The reason we never got to see the Manny vs Floyd fight or Martinez,.....is because as Floyd admitted "Health comes first". Meaning, Floyd doesn't want tough fights. So Floyd fights those that are relatively less riskier fights and to you, he is invincible .... but in reality he would be in a very tough fight.

Comment

Bradley i think

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
        Manny is all wrong for Floyd but Floyd still beats him in a close fight. Lara troubles him for 3 rounds max then Floyd doesn't lose a round after that.
        how exactly? he doesnt cut off the ring, defense is poor, footwork is all over the place with a short wing span and hes a southpaw who Floyd rapes so how again?
        Last edited by Pacquiao'd; 02-17-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
          how exactly? he doesnt cut off the ring, defense if poor, footwork is all over the place with a short wing span and is a southpaw who Floyd rapes so how again?

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
            It's like saying "I'm a fan of Nate Robinson, I hate Kobe, so there for I believe Nate will beat Kobe in a 1 on 1". This is the logic these clowns are using lmao, they're at the point where their using the "anything can happen in the sport" excuse cause it's their last leg to stand on lmfao. Look, if you idiots think that a game between Michael Jordan and Metta World Peace is a toss up, then so be it lmao. Some of us have common sense. "Floyd has problems with southpaws, even though he's beaten every southpaw he's faced, easily". "Floyd doesn't like pressure, even though he handles it better than any active fighter, and dominates" "Floyd doesn't like fast fighters, even though he takes their speed away from them and drops their punch output tremendously". Maybe, just maybe. He's a good fighter, maybe he is, just a thought.
            you have to understand that this is a sport. Fans of the sport want to see the best challenge themselves and until the player/fighter/team retires or moves past there "Prime" there will always be conversations with who can challenge them, what style poses the greater chance of success vs the best.

its simple, i dont know why some specific fans get there panties in a bunch when these conversations take place. To say Floyd beats everyone is kinda insane, without the fights actually happening you don't really know. you can only speculate.

Look at all the upsets in boxing and sports in general. i am pretty sure Tyson was a huge favorite against Douglas right? Jones vs Tarver? there are countless instances were the favorite losses. and at the time it was unimaginable for the favorite to loose.

That's the beautiful thing about boxing and sports.

ps. outside of Judah what speedy fighter has Floyd fought? Judah had success in that fight also.
            i would like to see Khan over maidana just because we have not seen Floyd deal with speed to much, just slow plodding power punchers. i am not saying khan would win, but if Floyd cant hurt Khan, it will be alot more interesting then Maidana. and if he does, then there's alot more drama also. IMO
            Last edited by The Future; 02-17-2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              So you're saying Thurman would be a tougher fight than Pac?

Both of those fights sound like good challenges to Floyd. I think either would present a set of problems for him. Shit, if he's going to make so much money fighting Guerreros and Khans though, why would he need to though?

Comment

Bradley, Lara, GG, PAC.

Martinez a few years ago would have too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Future View Post
                  you have to understand that this is a sport. Fans of the sport want to see the best challenge themselves and until the player/fighter/team retires or moves past there "Prime" there will always be conversations with who can challenge them, what style poses the greater chance of success vs the best.

its simple, i dont know why some specific fans get there panties in a bunch when these conversations take place. To say Floyd beats everyone is kinda insane, without the fights actually happening you don't really know. you can only speculate.

Look at all the upsets in boxing and sports in general. i am pretty sure Tyson was a huge favorite against Douglas right? Jones vs Tarver? there are countless instances were the favorite losses. and at the time it was unimaginable for the favorite to loose.

That's the beautiful thing about boxing and sports.

ps. outside of Judah what speedy fighter has Floyd fought? Judah had success in that fight also.
                  i would like to see Khan over maidana just because we have not seen Floyd deal with speed to much, just slow plodding power punchers. i am not saying khan would win, but if Floyd cant hurt Khan, it will be alot more interesting then Maidana. and if he does, then there's alot more drama also. IMO
                  Listen, I understand that these type of discussions will happen and that they make this sport, each sport, that much more exciting. But to throw logic out the window on a "if" is crazy to me. Use the given facts and then come to your conclusion, whatever it may be. Don't give me a "if Floyd ages over night he could be in for a long one" or "If someone can land on him". It's nonsense. Give me the facts, not the what if's. If we're going to have hypothetical discussions at least let them have some form of an educational base.

Comment

Is this about bumming?

Comment

Lara, Pac and Bradley are the best fights available right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X