Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name an active fighter 147-154 you can say 100% would give Mayweather 12 hard rounds.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lara at 154

Comment

NO one. By the middle rounds these fighters get so frustrated punching air and getting tagged with counters. The closest would be maybe Thurman. Just because Thurman is versatile enough to show Floyd different looks at different times.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
        Golovkin would KO Floyd at 154.
        Not if he's weight-drained, which is a distinct possibility if Golovkin moved down.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          NO one. By the middle rounds these fighters get so frustrated punching air and getting tagged with counters. The closest would be maybe Thurman. Just because Thurman is versatile enough to show Floyd different looks at different times.
          So you're saying Thurman would be a tougher fight than Pac?

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            So you're saying Thurman would be a tougher fight than Pac?

Absolutely. Pacquiao's style is tailor made for Floyd. Pac can be timed coming in, is more than hittable, and be countered in between his flurries. I never understood why people thought that bout would be his toughest but to each his own my good homie.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
              Muh health first doe
              de ..eh healte ..uh ..she ..um she come primero

Comment

I know ill get mocked for it but eff it Austin Trout would give him trouble and dare I say win a split decision

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  Absolutely. Pacquiao's style is tailor made for Floyd. Pac can be timed coming in, is more than hittable, and be countered in between his flurries. I never understood why people thought that bout would be his toughest but to each his own my good homie.
                  actually its the other way around. is floyd bad against southpaws? yes. the best straight left he faced was zab judah and zab had him down, hurt, and so badly stumped that he abandoned his entire shoulder roll. pacs left is better than judah's and he also doesn't stop throwing it after 4 rounds.

is floyd good at holding his ground like marquez? no. has marquez ever been cornered in a fight? except for the first 2 rounds against juan diaz no. floyd is easily backed up and cornered, but relies on his great defense to deflect most the shots. no southpaw with a great left has ever pressured him. the only southpaw to actually pressure him was ortiz who is right hand dominant and has one of the worst straight lefts i've ever seen and even ortiz had a decent amount of success.

does floyd have the firepower of marquez? no. marquez can knock people out with one punch. floyd has some of the biggest pillow hands in boxing. even when he hits you flush nothing happens.

recap-if floyd tries to hold center ring against pac he will take straight lefts over and over. if floyd tries to move backwards and counter pac he will easily be pushed into the ropes where his shoulder roll against straight lefts is dubious. his only chance is to push forward and lead against pac but we saw floyd get hurt against corley and judah when he tried to push forward. the main reason those guys lost is because they stopped throwing. pac won't stop throwing against someone coming forward even if he's landing on gloves. floyd will have to worry about defense so much that he won't get off very much offense. i give him a small chance of course but all in all it was a good duck in my opinion.

Comment

Nobody. You can drink all the kool-aid you want. You can be in denial all you want. The fact of the matter is that Floyd Mayweathe Jr. is head and shoulders above everybody at 147 & 154, period. It hurts, you don't like it, you want to believe that there's someone who can slay the dragon, but it will not happen. Not Lara (4 Rounds), not Thurman (No Rounds), not Pacquiao (No Rounds). You can hope and pray all you want, but it won't happen. Unless he goes to 160, you can kiss your dream goodbye, and even then, he still might whoop ass.

Comment

Erislandy Lara

Comment

Working...
                      X