Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Pacquiao's resume have so many of the same name?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the thing is all of the names he fought more than once except for Tim are considerably great fighters, and Tim decent fighter that he is, is still working to being possibly great...

Comment

That's like asking why Ray Leonard, Shane Mosley, Chris Eubank, Bhop, James Toney, Evander Holyfield fought so many rematches.

Comment

Those were all reasonable fights. Imagine the criticism if he fought all of them once

Comment

Originally posted by MGMGRAND View Post
          He fought Erik Morales 3 times
          He fought Juan Marquez 4 times
          And Timothy Bradley at this point 2
          And Marco Barrera 2 times edit (add in)

Thats 11 of his fights that are that are the same people over and over, now you normally see a ratio that high with some ATGS like Ray Robinson that happen to have 100+ fights or the Willie Peps, but this is a crazy rematch ratio.

Is this because of the people available or promotion issues or just alot of close fights?
          That is a good thing. This means he wants erase any doubt. So many guys now a days fight someone and it is close and never fight them again.
          Last edited by tank17211; 02-06-2014, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
            Not sure what this means. But it sure as hell sounds ignorant.
            Thanks for admitting your ignorant, saves me the trouble. Here go drink this "peeleft:

Comment

Originally posted by Brandish View Post
              Thanks for admitting your ignorant, saves me the trouble. Here go drink this "peeleft:
              No, like the rest of us he just thinks you're a bit of a nobhead.....racist too.

Comment

I think you know the answer already.

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
                  crocodile tears bruh, get my dick out ya mouth
                  Post of the day

Comment

morales beat him in the first fight, and manny won the second. even though morales was looking done, they wanted a rubber match. the first fight was one of my favorite fights ever. i was losing my mind in the 12th when morales went southpaw.

barrera had come a long way since his loss to manny at 126. i'm not saying he was a better fighter than he was when he was younger, but a lot of time had passed. barrera actually did OK against marquez, and still had a huge mexican following.

mexico vs pinoy was the height of the battle. this was pre pinoy vs flowmo.

marquez 1 and 2 were extremely close, awesome fights. they needed a third fight. the robbery of marquez in the 3rd necessitated the fourth. manny woke up after the fourth, and started talking a fifth.

as for the bradley fight, arum doesn't have a huge stable any longer. who else is he going to fight? those are the two best WW that arum controls. marquez would probably generate more money, but marquez - manny 5 will still be there regardless of if they lose. they may take that as their last paydays when they're both done. right now they've still got a bit in the tank.
                    Last edited by New England; 02-06-2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
                      end thread
                      I said he's ******ed! PAC is real slow he may have the intelligence of a 16 year old child.
                      Last edited by Brandish; 02-06-2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X