Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Sergio Martinez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The boxing world is about to see why Pacquiao and Floyd don't fight at 160.

Comment

• Miguel Cotto will light a candle for Sergio Martinez, and pray that he doesn't injure himself training in the days leading up to the big fight.

Once they meet in the center of the ring and Maravilla realizes he's facing a bull he can't outrun he will crumble inside of 9 rounds. First his body will succumb to the pressure. Then go the legs. Finally, Martinez head will fall and we'll bear witness to the historic crowning of a four division PR champion in Miguel Cotto as the TKO comes swiftly and without mercy.
      Somewhat tragically, this will mean another boxer ruined/retired at the hands of Cotto but such is life.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
          More Martinez training footage:

He's shots still have pop and speed. His movements looks hurt though could be the knee. That's definetly the big wild card in this fight im not putting any money down till i see more footage of martinez closer to the fight.

Comment

• Everyone seems to be thinking Sergio isn't moving around well. I don't see it. I see a guy who's in the earliest stages of training camp. When you consider that Martinez hasn't trained in a long while, due to the knee surgeries, it's no surprise he's not looking especially mobile. The knee brace isn't necessarily a concern, either. The guy has knee problems, so it must be protected during training.

Like someone else said, we'll have to wait until the fight truly draws close to see what "Maravilla" is really going to look like come fight night.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Everyone seems to be thinking Sergio isn't moving around well. I don't see it. I see a guy who's in the earliest stages of training camp. When you consider that Martinez hasn't trained in a long while, due to the knee surgeries, it's no surprise he's not looking especially mobile. The knee brace isn't necessarily a concern, either. The guy has knee problems, so it must be protected during training.

Like someone else said, we'll have to wait until the fight truly draws close to see what "Maravilla" is really going to look like come fight night.
              In a recent interview, Martinez said his knee started hurting again. Which means that for a time, it wasn't hurting. Which means that the pain is on off. Which is better than constant, which is what it was before. So clearly, his knee is improving. He also said that doctors said his knee will stop hurting in a few weeks.
              If you watch Martinez's movements, he shifts his weight from his right leg to his back leg quite a lot. Not the best sign. But Martinez in recent footage also looks very fast and powerful.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
                In a recent interview, Martinez said his knee started hurting again. Which means that for a time, it wasn't hurting. Which means that the pain is on off. Which is better than constant, which is what it was before. So clearly, his knee is improving. He also said that doctors said his knee will stop hurting in a few weeks.
                If you watch Martinez's movements, he shifts his weight from his right leg to his back leg quite a lot. Not the best sign. But Martinez in recent footage also looks very fast and powerful.
                Thanks for the observation. I don't know much about the healing process after knee surgery, but lingering pain after any surgery is par-for-the-course. Of course, we'll have to wait and see until the fight, but if Sergio's knee has healed properly, it should be a non-issue on fight night.

Comment

Thanks for the observation. I don't know much about the healing process after knee surgery, but lingering pain after any surgery is par-for-the-course. Of course, we'll have to wait and see until the fight, but if Sergio's knee has healed properly, it should be a non-issue on fight night.
                  Based on what I've read, Martinez's recovery time is really on the long side. It's been 10 months since he reinjured the knee. I suppose the question is: Is Martinez's knee healthy but in pain or still injured?

Comment

Everyone seems to be thinking Sergio isn't moving around well. I don't see it. I see a guy who's in the earliest stages of training camp. When you consider that Martinez hasn't trained in a long while, due to the knee surgeries, it's no surprise he's not looking especially mobile. The knee brace isn't necessarily a concern, either. The guy has knee problems, so it must be protected during training.

The knee brace isn't a concern? That's it right there. You can't be 100% if your not training at 100%...So wait a second, June 3rd comes along and by miracle his knee will be able to withstand an attack from a raging pit Bull?

I don't buy it, Cotto has fought bigger men in his career and it's Cotto Vs MaragacheatoII..IMO

P.S. It's personal

PRPP

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
                      Based on what I've read, Martinez's recovery time is really on the long side. It's been 10 months since he reinjured the knee. I suppose the question is: Is Martinez's knee healthy but in pain or still injured?
                      I suffered a knee injury when I was 18 years old. It took at least a year before I was pain-free. Sergio is 39, so his body obviously doesn't have the same recuperative powers mine did. Then again, I hurt myself decades ago and I never saw a doctor for it. Sports medicine has advanced, and Martinez obviously gets looked at by excellent doctors. The answer to our question will be known soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X