Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it feel like to get hit by a big puncher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    I could easily comment on all of your scenarios up there from fighting in my younger years, I have experienced them all in one way or another just as any other fighter would who put in some real time. But in doing so, I would then leave myself open to criticism, belittling, obnoxious sarcasm, ridicule and the like (not to mention a stalker for 5+ years) . I learned not to share too much info around here.

Fighters never experience anything but glory days and smelling roses once they begin climbing into the professional rings. It's just another walk in the park................. Rockin'
    shut up old man

and what does it feel like? it feels like smelling your mamas stinky breath

Comment

The old KO magazines had a section at times or a special that was title "What it feels like getting hit by (name of a fighter)"

It was interesting to hear the accounts of the fighters that recently fight whatever fighter was the theme for that section, Tyson, Foreman, etc

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        shut up old man

and what does it feel like? it feels like smelling your mamas stinky breath
        the lack of intelligence in this place never fails to amaze me.

I have most likely taken ****s that contained more boxing knowledge than you will ever have in your pea sized brain, LMFAO!!!!!

.........Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 01-27-2014, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          It's called adrenaline BUNGS. You sure as hell see white lights everywhere tho. Lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Yep. Like little flickering stars when you get hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            the lack of intelligence in this place never fails to amaze me.

I have most likely taken ****s that contained more boxing knowledge than you will ever have in your pea sized brain, LMFAO!!!!!

.........Rockin'
            Your **** has intelligence? That's some mutated ****, you should get it checked out, might be radiation poisoning.

Comment

To me, it's the way it moves your body around that has alway stuck out to me. A really heavy hitter can completely throw you off balance, even when you block. It's exhausting.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                It's a shock and to the body it hurts like hell... Life changing experience .it usually does two things....brings out the inner beotch in you or the warrior....my first time sparring in the ring I got my nose busted and eyes marked up...I was so proud, until I went home a I was sore....in ring is totally different than back yard boxing and street fights....you have to fight
                The bolded part is so true! Your true character comes out.

Comment

Some of them might feel nothing because they go to sleep

Comment

A big punch is like a shock and leaves you frozen for a moment. I'm tall and skinny so I always had to deal with bigger puncher than me.

I got KOed one time in the ring from a big uppercut under my nose at the end of the first round, I was on the rope backing up from a flurry. I saw that coming and I can clearly remember I tought "OH SHlT" in a millisecond but didn't have time to block or dodge and found myself laying on the canvas on my side with my nose bleeding. Those 10 seconds count are the quicker 10 seconds ever and I was still conscious only a bit stunned, but the fight was over before even realizing...with a medic checking in my eyes with a torch.

Another time I got KD from a big overhand in my left eye/temple. I didn't feel anything just a quick BAM like any good punch but my legs went off for a fraction of a second and I fell on the ground and prompty got up again. The referee counted it as a slip but it wasn't, so no 10 s count.
                    Last edited by Helm; 11-06-2015, 04:51 AM.

Comment

I've sparred with Jamie Moore before and although he isn't on the level of top level fighters, he was always a very good domestic fighter with more power than any of the amateurs or pros I ever sparred. I was about 19 at the time, and managed to get myself a sparring session. It was great, educational and Jamies a top lad bu twhen he hit me...boy I stayed hit.

He must have buzzed me several times, had be staggering and although I was often quick enough to counter him with single shots, I don't think I ever got off a single combination. He did snap his head back with a jab though...think that just made him angrier and hit me harder lol

At the time and probably now too, there were some very good sparring to be had in the Manchester/Salford area, they breed em tough over there.

Comment

Working...
                      X