Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it feel like to get hit by a big puncher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it feel like to get hit by a big puncher?

What did Muhammad Ali feel when Ernie Shavers cracked him?

What did Zab Judah feel when Kostya Tszyu clipped him?

What did Adrien Broner feel when Marcos Maidana dropped him?

What did Gabriel Rosado feel when Alfredo Angulo landed rabbit punches on him?

Look at what Maidana's sparring partner Darwin Price had to say about Maidana's power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwqxAV1rokw

What Tim Bradley said about Lucas Matthysse's power
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE9oL0ePdts

Have any of you guys been nailed by a guy with big power? When I was a kid I went body with a strong kid. His punches had good pop, but I don't think he was a pure puncher -- just naturally physically strong.

In 2010 I sparred my neighbor (no headshots). I threw a left hook to his body. He blocked it with his arm. Later he told me he was never hit that hard before.

"It hit my arm, but it moved me."

It shakes your soul

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
      What did Muhammad Ali feel when Ernie Shavers cracked him?

What did Zab Judah feel when Kostya Tszyu clipped him?

What did Adrien Broner feel when Marcos Maidana dropped him?

What did Gabriel Rosado feel when Alfredo Angulo landed rabbit punches on him?

Look at what Maidana's sparring partner Darwin Price had to say about Maidana's power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwqxAV1rokw

What Tim Bradley said about Lucas Matthysse's power
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE9oL0ePdts

Have any of you guys been nailed by a guy with big power? When I was a kid I went body with a strong kid. His punches had good pop, but I don't think he was a pure puncher -- just naturally physically strong.

In 2010 I sparred my neighbor (no headshots). I threw a left hook to his body. He blocked it with his arm. Later he told me he was never hit that hard before.

"It hit my arm, but it moved me."
      I could easily comment on all of your scenarios up there from fighting in my younger years, I have experienced them all in one way or another just as any other fighter would who put in some real time. But in doing so, I would then leave myself open to criticism, belittling, obnoxious sarcasm, ridicule and the like (not to mention a stalker for 5+ years) . I learned not to share too much info around here.

Fighters never experience anything but glory days and smelling roses once they begin climbing into the professional rings. It's just another walk in the park................. Rockin'
      Last edited by Rockin'; 01-27-2014, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I have been shook down to my boots, and to me it feels like getting thrown into the swimming pool upside down. Everything seems wrong. And yes, it fucking hurts.

Comment

It's a shock and to the body it hurts like hell... Life changing experience .it usually does two things....brings out the inner beotch in you or the warrior....my first time sparring in the ring I got my nose busted and eyes marked up...I was so proud, until I went home a I was sore....in ring is totally different than back yard boxing and street fights....you have to fight

Comment

I fought at 140 for about 5 years and my last year in boxing I slacked off and ballooned up to 170. I thought I could just drop 10 pounds and fight at middleweight since I'd be faster...

Wrong! I was sluggish, my punches did nothing and the guy's jab would knock me off balance most of the time. I lost every round and got stunned in the last minute of the third round. I somehow managed not to get dropped.

I was maybe fighting a guy who was really a natural 145 pounder with about 15 pounds of muscle on him. Those punches really hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
              I have been shook down to my boots, and to me it feels like getting thrown into the swimming pool upside down. Everything seems wrong. And yes, it fucking hurts.
              Just like Brad Pitt in Fight Club, ah? ............. Rockin'

Comment

It probably hurts

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  I could easily comment on all of your scenarios up there from fighting in my younger years, I have experienced them all in one way or another just as any other fighter would who put in some real time. But in doing so, I would then leave myself open to criticism, belittling, obnoxious sarcasm, ridicule and the like (not to mention a stalker for 5+ years) . I learned not to share too much info around here.

Fighters never experience anything but glory days and smelling roses once they begin climbing into the professional rings. It's just another walk in the park................. Rockin'
                  Can't you use an alt? I would much like to hear your stories. I've been beaten in body before. You take your lumps like a man and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
                    Damn that sounds like the body is ready to shut off. Holy crap. That's how Mayweather probably felt after Mosley wobbled him.

Comment

Working...
                    X