Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it feel like to get hit by a big puncher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    I'll tell you how it feels since I had many amateur bouts It feels like someone has a brick and their hitting you, you constantly see white lights as your getting punch and you say to yourself dam
    This is probably the best anecdotal post thus far.

Wow. I wonder if I hit that hard.

Comment

I got hit with a big punch last year. It was the most skilled punch I ever took - not the hardest, but it was well-timed and precise. It took a couple seconds for my mind to register that I was stunned, like some sort of buffer. Some fighters throw all caution to the wind and swing for the fences; that wasn't my initial reaction.

I sort of cowered and my mind stopped reacting for a second. I remember stopping and asking for a standing 8 count but my opponent didn't comply and continued with a lighter pace. My knees wobbled but the punch didn't hurt, but I was definitely stunned.

Thank goodness it was just a sparring match.
      Last edited by L3TH4L; 01-27-2014, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I fought a guy that hit so hard, he hit me dead in the eye, and I didn't even feel it. Just got the head ringing.

Big shots don't hurt. They numb you. At least in my case.

Matter of fact, punches don't even hurt in general, unless body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          I pm'd somebody my name years ago, he posted it up for everybody to see within a few minutes after promising to keep it all confidential. Funny thing is that this person became a writer of boxing. His name is Ryan Sagnolia, he has no integrity or pride and I've spread **** on his name with everybody that I have come into contact with in the boxing world because of what he's about. He's a piece of ****.

I got knocked out in a fight that I should have won and was easily winning, **** happens. Anybody who has been in a ring knows 2 things for sure: 1)that anything can happen in there. 2)That if you step into a professional ring not properly prepared bad things are bound to happen.

I'm not embarrassed about anything with my boxing, **** happens in the professional ring. Actually, the only thing that I cringe at today was stepping up to fight a few times knowing that I was not even close to being prepared properly to fight.

Sometimes life just makes you do things for the wrong reason, in the instances that I speak of (for the most part) I just needed quick cash.............. Rockin'
          That's nothing to be ashamed of. I think it takes balls to get in the ring. You have done more than I have in boxing. All I've done is put the gloves on in my friend's front yard and slug it out till one of us quit. You did the real thing.

As for this guy who is harassing you, forget him. Don't allow him to make you feel negative. Move on. And I've done things in the past that make me cringe, too. You have to objectively dissect it and get closure once and for all. That's what I did, and now I am relaxed. I leave the past behind. Everyday I'm facing my demons. You can too.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
            That's nothing to be ashamed of. I think it takes balls to get in the ring. You have done more than I have in boxing. All I've done is put the gloves on in my friend's front yard and slug it out till one of us quit. You did the real thing.

As for this guy who is harassing you, forget him. Don't allow him to make you feel negative. Move on. And I've done things in the past that make me cringe, too. You have to objectively dissect it and get closure once and for all. That's what I did, and now I am relaxed. I leave the past behind. Everyday I'm facing my demons. You can too.

My memories are in no way demons.

But the fools sitting safely behind their computers who throw **** are, lil beatchs.

I could have pursued it further but I chose a different route. It's not so much about what professional boxing can give you, it's what it can take away.

Amateur boxing, however, is one of the greatest sports for a young man to compete in............... Rockin'
            Last edited by Rockin'; 01-27-2014, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by L3TH4L View Post
              I got hit with a big punch last year. It was the most skilled punch I ever took - not the hardest, but it was well-timed and precise. It took a couple seconds for my mind to register that I was stunned, like some sort of buffer. Some fighters throw all caution to the wind and swing for the fences; that wasn't my initial reaction.

I sort of cowered and my mind stopped reacting for a second. I remember stopping and asking for a standing 8 count but my opponent didn't comply and continued with a lighter pace. My knees wobbled but the punch didn't hurt, but I was definitely stunned.

Thank goodness it was just a sparring match.
              Another excellent anecdote. Wow, I've never faced adversity like you did. I wonder how I would respond...

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                My memories are in no way demons.

But the fools sitting safely behind their computers who throw **** are, lil beatchs.

I could have pursed it further but I chose a different route. It's not so much about what professional boxing can give you, it's what it can take away.

Amateur boxing, however, is one of the greatest sports for a young man to compete in............... Rockin'
                This is probably why I will never box. Dat brain trauma. Don't want.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                  This is probably why I will never box. Dat brain trauma. Don't want.

It's not the same in the amateurs when you have a knowledgable/experienced trainer.

I'd recommend amateur boxing to any young man who has some 'grit'........ Rockin'

Comment

It feels like you just dunked your head into ice-water. It's a shocking feeling. It's similar to that, in a sense that if you get used to it, you recover quicker to the shock.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                      I fought a guy that hit so hard, he hit me dead in the eye, and I didn't even feel it. Just got the head ringing.

Big shots don't hurt. They numb you. At least in my case.

Matter of fact, punches don't even hurt in general, unless body shots.
                      I guess you have some chin, eh?

Comment

Working...
                      X