Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: J. Mayweather: Pakistani on Cinco De Mayo is Tough Sell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it will sell coz Mayweather will stack the undercards with Mexicans for this fight.

Mayweather can not sell a fight by himself. The people who bought his fight paid to see his opponent or the undercard.

If Mayweather fought Rios in China and had that sucky undercard, it would definitely be lower than Pacs vs Rios. Unlike Floyd, most people pay to see Pac fight.

Comment

Khan is a tough sell in the USA anyways. He is most known for the Prescott and Garcia blowouts.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
        the contract Showtime gave Mayweather makes almost every fight a finical loss except megafights like Cotto or Canelo.

think about it to just cover Mayweather minimum guaranteed purse any PPV would have to have at least a million buys at $65

I know that 65 million but half of the money goes to cable and satellite providers.

so really a million buys at $65 is 32.5 million.

you know Khan's going to want money or at least keep his UK PPV money.

and if GBP stacks the card they'll probably have to use Haymon guys like Maidana, Broner, Santa Cruz, Thurman or Paulie and none of those guys come cheap.

Mayweather's smart because he'll get his money, it's Showtime that will be out , which is fine but if they lose too much CBS might fire Espinoza and that would totally F Golden Boy out of the channel.
        I think Showtime by having Mayweather whether they win or lose money gives the channel a prestige which it always lacked vs HBO by a margin. I mean theyd get amazing fights, but the PPV stars were always on HBO. So, if they lose money on Floyd events they make up for it on Canelo and others cuz now they are on level with HBO if not above. Im sure theyve done their homework.

Comment

i aint buying this BS

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
            He did less than 800k against Guerrero

It will bomb
            The more you tell this lie doesn't make it any more true

Comment

Some may not understand this, or refuse to accept what they ought to know, but Jeff Mayweather is telling you what promoters have always known. Fighters are become representatives of ethnicity, race, creed, culture, and nations. The "fight" becomes a battle between those groups. Most people buy the right to view a fight because they want to see their "side" win. Boxing is not a team sport. The "team" is what language, religion, skin, culture, etc. the boxer wears. As neither FMjr. or Khan are "Mexican", that fight will likely not be a big sell to Mexicans/ Latinos on the Mexican holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
                the contract Showtime gave Mayweather makes almost every fight a finical loss except megafights like Cotto or Canelo.

think about it to just cover Mayweather minimum guaranteed purse any PPV would have to have at least a million buys at $65

I know that 65 million but half of the money goes to cable and satellite providers.

so really a million buys at $65 is 32.5 million.

you know Khan's going to want money or at least keep his UK PPV money.

and if GBP stacks the card they'll probably have to use Haymon guys like Maidana, Broner, Santa Cruz, Thurman or Paulie and none of those guys come cheap.

Mayweather's smart because he'll get his money, it's Showtime that will be out , which is fine but if they lose too much CBS might fire Espinoza and that would totally F Golden Boy out of the channel.
                Did it ever occur to you that pehaps that famous "guarantee" was not really a $$32 mill guarantee at all, or if it was, that, like his other "guarantees", half or more was coming from Mayweather "Promotions"??? There's no proof, other than journalistic speculation, based on obscure comments dropped by the contracting parties. And, naturally, the higher the amounts the more PR each party gets.

At first we were told that Mayweather had a 6 fight guarantee at $32 mill a fight over a 30 month period. Then it was revealed that it was NOT a 6 fight guarantee at all, but each fight would be signed on a fight-by-fight basis. Meaning that Showtime could opt out whenever they wished. I don't believe in these massive telephone numbers "guarantees, especially when it's Mayweather telling it, as he is a proven serial liar.

Comment

fans of all ethnicities know that fight is crap!!!!!

Comment

I still don't get why Floyd must fight on Cinco De Mayo against a Mexican. Does he really need that shtick to sell PPV?

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      Did it ever occur to you that pehaps that famous "guarantee" was not really a $$32 mill guarantee at all, or if it was, that, like his other "guarantees", half or more was coming from Mayweather "Promotions"??? There's no proof, other than journalistic speculation, based on obscure comments dropped by the contracting parties. And, naturally, the higher the amounts the more PR each party gets.

At first we were told that Mayweather had a 6 fight guarantee at $32 mill a fight over a 30 month period. Then it was revealed that it was NOT a 6 fight guarantee at all, but each fight would be signed on a fight-by-fight basis. Meaning that Showtime could opt out whenever they wished. I don't believe in these massive telephone numbers "guarantees, especially when it's Mayweather telling it, as he is a proven serial liar.
                      I guess that 40 mil check was a lie also

Comment

Working...
                      X