Comments Thread For: J. Mayweather: Pakistani on Cinco De Mayo is Tough Sell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
    All of the PPV stars you mentioned never had to be supported with
    expensive undercard fights. They carry the whole event on their own.
    That's not the case at all.

Don King especially used to stack Tyson's undercards and all of his top sellers cards.

Bob Arum used to stack a lot of Oscars cards aswell.

Comment

This fight won't go past 8 rounds .

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        You're clearly a little slow yourself there, schnuffty. Yes, he is stating the bleeding obvious, but lets face it, if someone with the surname 'Mayweather' told you the world was made of onions, you would wholeheartedly embrace and agree with that opinion. I'n short, I was pointing out that you're a greasy, bumsniffing little fanboy....but you knew that anyway.
        Ok, so who am I fanboy of here Jeff Mayweather or Floyd Mayweather?

Because they obviously have conflicting views here.

Use your brain for once mate for crying out loud.

Somehow in your brain me agreeing with Jeff that this PPV will do poorly (because the fights a joke) is somehow me showing my fandom to Floyd? repeat that a few times and you might catch on.

Comment

I guess people forget Chavez Sr fought on alot Tyson undercards Don King was king at stacking a entire card. There was Filipino fighter on the undercard of Lewis-Tyson I can't seem to remember his name maybe yall have heard of him.

Comment

Khan is a pioneer to his ppl. Add on the indigenous British ppl. Even if ppl in UK wanna see Khan get KOed they will still buy it. A better fanbase than Marcos Maidana if anything. Like ive said about 1 million followers on fb and 1 mil on Twitter even if it overlaps as one maybe following on both its still bigger than most boxers.
            Last edited by Box-Office; 01-25-2014, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by keyz3r0 View Post
              Thought Mayweather was so confident about making millions on PPV all by himself... Guess that's not true... And it seems now the reason for delaying the announcement of mayweather vs. (nobody cares).. is that they are trying to find the best way to stack the undercards so that it can even be called a PPV event... Right now... Khan hasn't beat ANYONE to deserve Mayweather, not even one of mayweather's last opponents can this guy even compete with... and Maidana... just because he beat broner doesn't mean he be a challenge against Mayweather... cinco de mayo is a Mexican celebration and when real Mexicans fight they come to fight... they don't come to box around the ring.. save that **** for the Olympics or amatures... that's why this mayweather fight isn't going to do any good numbers.. because ya, Mexicans are the #1 fans of boxing
              Last time a "real" Mexican came to fight Money that Mexican was made to look like a bytch the entire fight.

Comment

So this fight isn't confirmed yet?

Good. FLOYD, FIGHT SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AVDB View Post
                  This might be generous but I think it might just barely crack 1 mill
                  HAHAHAHAHAH..... that would NEVER happen, NEVER.. not without a mexican.. bank on it

Mayweather only sells well BECAUSE of mexicans.. its been proven why you think mayweather says he loves mexico? because mexicans are giving him $$$

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret IV View Post
                    HAHAHAHAHAH..... that would NEVER happen, NEVER.. not without a mexican.. bank on it

Mayweather only sells well BECAUSE of mexicans.. its been proven why you think mayweather says he loves mexico? because mexicans are giving him $$$
                    Hatton, Cotto, Mosley are all mexican right? JMM is mexican but can't sell for ****. If you think only mexicans buy events you're an idiot, yes they're the largest part but I assure you a lot of non mexicans buy Mayweather fights. I know a lot of people who buy the fights here and none of them are mexican...

Comment

Working...
                    X