Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After studying Pacquiao's welterweight fights, my conclusion is he doesn't have Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess when you pick a guy to lose fight after fight after fight you will occasionally get it right ... then you can say 'See ... I predicted that!'

Comment

Stopped reading at weak chinned....the guy had one of the best chins around fighting much bigger guys and going toe to toe with them and taking massive shots..he gets hit with ONE perfect shot and now his weak chinned lol.....

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
        I guess when you pick a guy to lose fight after fight after fight you will occasionally get it right ... then you can say 'See ... I predicted that!'
        I got the JMM KO of Pac right.....I have a high prediction Ratio Brandon Rios just didn't follow the game plan he was supposed to throw 10 punch combos while running at pacman and putting his head in his chest.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
          Pac lost to Bradley? Pac fight vs Bradley were reviewed by 5 judges and all agreed it was a one sided fight in favor of Pac. Now be gone.
          Bro it's in quotations. :/...

Anyway, Pac looked Bad when Bradley started boxing is the point.

Also, that Shane interview just says *maybe* Pac hurts Floyd. Shane's undoubtedly a bigger puncher than Pac. Pac could probably buzz Floyd, who knows. Nothing we've seen suggests a KO though

Anyway, unlike Hec I do think Pac has some pop but it's grossly exaggerated AT ww. As is his size (being so 'small'). Saw someone say he was outweighed by 10 pounds once. Thats super uncommon? >__>.. Floyd, Sergio, Rigo, and a few others arent exactly huge for their weight (Hell Serg has fought HUGE guys in Pavlik and Jr. ) Pac's no giant but he's fine at WW. He's not as tall as some but he has the frame imo.

And yeah someone mentioned it earlier Pac was a huge puncher at lower weights. Back when he was more of a one handed puncher dude use to throw that left so hard it looked like his fist would drag HIM.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

He doesn't have power, those knockdowns came from well placed punches
            I think the notion that he has no power is laughable, but whatever, we can debate that forever and not get anywhere. However, did you not say earlier that his KDs were explained away by luck? Pure luck? Now you're saying it's timing and well placed shots. Is timing and well placed shots not a superb skill any fighter would strive to have? Since when did timing and well placed shots become luck?

You've been registered here since 04'. Obviously you're a huge boxing fan. You have to be smarter than this. Have to be. Luck? Seriously?

Comment

Pacman power is just luck
              Had to bump this quote. So you say you're a "student of the game". Yet you're going to chalk up virtually every KD Manny has had (particularly at welter) as "luck". As an alleged student of the game, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Comment

He has power just not one punch power...hasn't stopped a fighter in 5 year$.end thread/

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  He has power just not one punch power...hasn't stopped a fighter in 5 year$.end thread/
                  I agree with this.

Comment

Pac's too small to have power above his prime weights
                    people have overrated his power like crazy the last several yrs
                    he only got the TKO's he got due to his speed
                    you can't expect a prime FW-SFW to be powerful at higher weights
                    people who expected him to stop Shane or Clottey were crazy

Comment

I got the JMM KO of Pac right.....I have a high prediction Ratio Brandon Rios just didn't follow the game plan he was supposed to throw 10 punch combos while running at pacman and putting his head in his chest.

I called the fight right but I have graduated with honours while you are still a freshman student.

Comment

Working...
                      X