No announcement yet.

Physical intimidation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SERVILEV View Post
    I think nonito donaire kind of had that appeal until rigondeaux. Rjj also!
    Until Narvaez, you mean? Cause Vasquez and Matheluba made him look ******ed.

Comment

I'd probably be most son'd by Foreman in the seventies. He seemed like he woke up in the morning thinking about murder and went to sleep at night thinking about who he was gonna murder in the morning.

Comment

Justin Bebier arrest mug shot is very intimidating

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
          paulie malignaggi should definitely be on this list
          Lol, best name on the list. Larry Merchant was more Intimidating In his Interview with Floyd after the ortiz fight then Malignaggi.

Comment

Felix Valero - I know he was a little guy but there's a coupla pics of him with this straight up killer look in his eyes. Not the kinda guy I'd risk crossing - specially given what happened in the end...

Comment

Originally posted by SERVILEV View Post
              Think about this ! Would Tyson had been as intimidating had he not had that squeaky high pitch voice? Lmbo
              hahahahahahha Tyson's voice did spoil a lot of that persona

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
              Roberto Duran w/ Beard looked like he was on a mission with the intent of murder.
              Jack Johnson as well, mainly bullying opponents.
              Yeah, Duran's a great shout, dude was mad aggressive even when the fight was over.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™
                In other words your not even posting in your thread about its own topic.
                I noticed that too. Physical appearance wise it's tough, because lot of the guys in the sport now who look the toughest, are the softest. Tim Bradley for instance. Really this thread is confusing, who would I be physically intimidated by if I saw them on the street? Wlad, Wilder the HWs mostly. You have to take in consideration what exactly you want from this thread.

Comment

I actually like and appreciate the fighters who respond to outright intimidation and threats with a smile or just a knowing, confident and straight-back-through-you look of their own...

.....it can be just as lethal and shows they have the control and that they will do it in the ring. When this happens the guy applying the pressure so often finds the tables-turned on him and leaves the place badly spooked.

Vitali springs to mind when it comes to this. Arreola absolutely went for the whole street thug, you're in my yard thing at the weigh-in but then Vitali just silently towers over at him at the stare-down and you can see Arreola shrink and then shrink some more.

The Siberian-cold look that Chisora gets, who really went all out to get at Vitali, is also seriously frightening. You can see Vitali just not taking his eyes off Derek after the slap and as much as Del Boy tries to keeping on shouting the odds and pointing....he knows Vitali is right there, unmoved and meaning business.

Eubank - not always my favourite - was also brilliant against Benn in their first fight especially just before the fight starts. Absolutely ice cool and just stops Benn, who comes to the ring looking an axe-muderer who has had a bad day, from being able to do anything. Perhaps clever, rather intimidating?

Comment

i think its the look in someone's eyes that say it all.

For example, there could be the meanest physically 'looking' guy going, but his face and eyes could say he doesn't want to know. On the other hand there could be a guy who doesn't look all that physically imposing but could have a look in his eye like he wants to straight up murder you there and then...

I dont know, just an example and a quick thought...Examples of fighters that had that mean stare? Liston and Foreman come to mind, Tyson had it too.

Comment

If someone hasn't mentioned him yet ali raymi

Comment

Working...
                      X