Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko offered $1 Billion to not run for presidency

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One billion dollars? lol I don't believe that for a second. They would rather off Vitali for far, far less than that.

Comment

A billion dollars is a fortune. That money could sustain your line for multiple generations.

Comment

Ukraine enjoys a flamboyant milieu of billionaires...

Comment

I'm very reluctant to start passing my opinions on the Ukraine issue, cos this is a boxing site, but simply put, there are very powerful geopolitical interests involved.

Ukraine is country with very substantial mineral reserves as well as some of the finest agricultural land in the western hemisphere - it also happens to have trading agreements with Russia (it's traditional trading partner) which Russia would be obliged cancel or renegotiate if Ukraine was to ally economically with the EU - how to put it? Ukraine has become an economic battleground between the EU and Russia/ CIS - and a possible means of EU penetration into the formerly Russian dominated ex-Soviet economies.

I ain't got anything personal against Vitali, but he and his party are being heavily bankrolled by an EU that is selling 'European Lifestyles' but are themselves teetering on the brink of economic collapse and are really offering it's fringe members what is being seen in Greece or Spain in return for keeping it's central economies in the semblance of health.

Despite the vast reward of the Ukrainian market, it can also be reasonably argued that the ultimate goal of the EU eminences grises is taking a huge gamble on the fortunes of the Ukrainain people for a chance at undermining the Russian energy market upon which the EU economy is likely to depend over the forthcoming decades.

In this context a billion $s is peanuts. It could be real, but the guys who would be making such an offer would know that the EU could always offer far more than that given the stakes - stinks of false flag (or just simple lie) to me.

UGH - dammit - MODS - immediately move this to politics forum - what? we don't have one? - dammit I probably deserve the banstick for ignoring my own rules.
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-22-2014, 05:02 PM.

Comment

'We're gonna give him an offer he cannot refuse.'

Fucking mafia scumbags...

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
              A billion dollars is a fortune. That money could sustain your line for multiple generations.
              That's actually an understatement. I didn't want to get too crazy about it, so I just took the first statistic I found. As of March 2011, there were 1,210 billionaires on Earth. Considering the fact that there are over seven billion people on the planet, that makes a tiny fraction of the population.

I've always found it funny to muse what it means to have that kind of money. Consider that you would have to put 1,000 people with a net worth of one million dollars just to equal the wealth of one billionaire. That's serious, serious money.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                'We're gonna give him an offer he cannot refuse.'

Fucking mafia scumbags...
                Seems he did refuse it though Ukrainska Pravda is a good source though, it was the first free journalism source in the country and usually uncovers scandal and 'truth' (Pravda). One of their journalists Georgiy Gongadze was killed by the government back in 2000 for this reason...

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Ukraine enjoys a flamboyant milieu of billionaires...
                Indeed, it is in the oligarch's best interests to keep their livelihood going, with Yanukovych gone and a drop or eradication of corruption will basically ruin them.

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                That's actually an understatement. I didn't want to get too crazy about it, so I just took the first statistic I found. As of March 2011, there were 1,210 billionaires on Earth. Considering the fact that there are over seven billion people on the planet, that makes a tiny fraction of the population.

I've always found it funny to muse what it means to have that kind of money. Consider that you would have to put 1,000 people with a net worth of one million dollars just to equal the wealth of one billionaire. That's serious, serious money.
                As I say, there are many illegitimate, corrupt billionaires in the country, and many have ties to the president. If he was ousted, it would be bad for the oligarchs so it's not beyond the realms of possibility if a few pitched in, and probably some other corrupt dealings, wouldn't be surprised if Yanukovych used a billion of the 15 Russia loaned him!

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

Interesting numbers you found.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    I'm very reluctant to start passing my opinions on the Ukraine issue, cos this is a boxing site, but simply put, there are very powerful geopolitical interests involved.

Ukraine is country with very substantial mineral reserves as well as some of the finest agricultural land in the western hemisphere - it also happens to have trading agreements with Russia (it's traditional trading partner) which Russia would be obliged cancel or renegotiate if Ukraine was to ally economically with the EU - how to put it? Ukraine has become an economic battleground between the EU and Russia/ CIS - and a possible means of EU penetration into the formerly Russian dominated ex-Soviet economies.

I ain't got anything personal against Vitali, but he and his party are being heavily bankrolled by an EU that is selling 'European Lifestyles' but are themselves teetering on the brink of economic collapse and are really offering it's fringe members what is being seen in Greece or Spain in return for keeping it's central economies in the semblance of health.

Despite the vast reward of the Ukrainian market, it can also be reasonably argued that the ultimate goal of the EU eminences grises is taking a huge gamble on the fortunes of the Ukrainain people for a chance at undermining the Russian energy market upon which the EU economy is likely to depend over the forthcoming decades.

UGH - dammit - MODS - immediately move this to politics forum - what? we don't have one? - dammit I probably deserve the banstick for ignoring my own rules.

Don't feel bad about your post.

I really, really, liked your comments. Half of that stuff I hadn't know. The EU is definitely on the brink of financial collapse, agreed. But the entire Western World is in my opinion. I think Ukraine would be better off alone, or at least with Russia than with the EU.

Comment

I'd take the billion tax free that's like 30 Manny vs Floyd PPV"s without lifting a finger

Comment

Working...
                      X