Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lara can not get the fights he wants at 154, why not move to 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would anyone want to keep watching TBE (The Buttplug Enjoyer) fight guys they know he can beat? Wheres the sport in that?

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Yes, if he put on the muscle he would be able to stay competitive. Saddler fought as high as 130lb, putting on an extra 10 would have happened in this day and age. Tim Bradley is a 140lb fighter, and always will be. He is small for 147.

Eric Morales, 72" moved up to 140lb from 122, same weight as Sadler, and was Competitive with Marco's Maidana and Danny Garcia.

Everyone we are talking about is stylistically a boxer to some degree, none of these fighters are swarming Tyson, Chavez, Frazier type fighters.

Styles make fights, and the style of fighter Floyd fights is heavily dependent on reach.

Anyone that works behind the jab is heavily dependent on reach. If you are at a reach disadvantage, you are going to have a VERY hard time establishing your jab, and everything else comes off the jab.

You think Floyd would have success with the pull counter and jab to the body against someone who had a reach advantage on him? Not quite as likely as when he is fighting someone like Marquez whom he has a sizeable reach advantage over.

Also... taking things to the extreme is pretty dumb.

Floyd isn't Sandy Sadler moving up to fight Lara. He is the 154lb champion being asked to fight another 154lb champion.
      What? You're making no sense.

So effectively what you're saying is reach equals size sometimes but not all the time?

Or only with a certain style?

So Bob Foster (79 inch reach) is bigger than Joe Fraizer (73 inch reach) by your logic? But of course we know that's not true.

Really is just ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
        Why would anyone want to keep watching TBE (The Buttplug Enjoyer) fight guys they know he can beat? Wheres the sport in that?
        This^^^^ its just a high priced showcase who cares about fights like that, I want to see Floyd in fights where the fighter he is facing has a reasonable chance of beating him( I know, crazy).

Comment

• He called out Sergio. What you want him to do?

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
            He called out Sergio. What you want him to do?
            Did he? I missed that.

If Lara moved up and had a warm up fight at 160 I'd love to see those fights.

I think he'd cause Golovkin all sorts of problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Did he? I missed that.

If Lara moved up and had a warm up fight at 160 I'd love to see those fights.

I think he'd cause Golovkin all sorts of problems.
              He said he needs to beat Trout, Canelo and Martinez to build his name up. The only belt he can go after is Quillin but Cubans don't fight each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                This^^^^ its just a high priced showcase who cares about fights like that, I want to see Floyd in fights where the fighter he is facing has a reasonable chance of beating him( I know, crazy).
                None of these fighters have a reasonable chance though.

The only one that generally people feel has a reasonable chance is Manny Pacquaio. I'm of the opinion that is the only REAL fight left for him.

Comment

You just can't be serious

So Mayweather is bigger than Baldomir?

Tommy Morrison (76 inch reach) is close in size to Erislandy Lara (75 inch reach)

You actually believe that Ortiz, Cotto, Mosley and Canelo are smaller than Mayweather?
                  Ortiz is a 140lb fighter. Cotto is a 140lb fighter, Mosley is a 147lb fighter.

Look at this faceooff picture of Cotto vs Mayweather, and then consider than Floyd has 5" in reach over him, and tell me who the bigger fighter is.

Again vs Mosley.

Same build, but this time Mosley is only at a 1 inch reach disadvantage, much closer in size.

And alvarez is bigger than Floyd? HAHAHA!

Canelo isn't even bigger than Mosley...... and look how short his arms are... Floyds are even longer than Mosleys...

Canelo should be a 147lb, but he is overly muscled for his size, but reach wise, he is smaller than Floyd and would always be incapable of winning a jabbing contest for that reason.

Mosley was closest in size to Floyd, and guess who is the only fighter to tag him with any meaningful punches... GASP the guy who is basically equal in reach with him. Mosley was old though, so things fell apart quite fast.

Moving up in weight and packing on muscle doesn't make that weight the fighters natural weight. Their natural weight is the weight at which they are competitive for their build.

Compare Cotto to Natural Welterweights like Vernon Forrest, and Ray Leonard, and you can see how small he is.

People keep talking like Floyd is fighting Giants...

Muscle slows you down, thats it. Its not true size... its a hinderance in boxing, it always has been.

There is a reason why fighters try and drain themselves to the smallest size possible, and its not because its muscle is an advantage. Its because an advantage in frame size is an advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    Ortiz is a 140lb fighter. Cotto is a 140lb fighter, Mosley is a 147lb fighter.

Look at this faceooff picture of Cotto vs Mayweather, and then consider than Floyd has 5" in reach over him, and tell me who the bigger fighter is.

Again vs Mosley.

Same build, but this time Mosley is only at a 1 inch reach disadvantage, much closer in size.

And alvarez is bigger than Floyd? HAHAHA!

Canelo isn't even bigger than Mosley...... and look how short his arms are... Floyds are even longer than Mosleys...

Canelo should be a 147lb, but he is overly muscled for his size, but reach wise, he is smaller than Floyd and would always be incapable of winning a jabbing contest for that reason.

Mosley was closest in size to Floyd, and guess who is the only fighter to tag him with any meaningful punches... GASP the guy who is basically equal in reach with him. Mosley was old though, so things fell apart quite fast.

Moving up in weight and packing on muscle doesn't make that weight the fighters natural weight. Their natural weight is the weight at which they are competitive for their build.

Compare Cotto to Natural Welterweights like Vernon Forrest, and Ray Leonard, and you can see how small he is.

People keep talking like Floyd is fighting Giants...

Muscle slows you down, thats it. Its not true size... its a hinderance in boxing, it always has been.

There is a reason why fighters try and drain themselves to the smallest size possible, and its not because its muscle is an advantage. Its because an advantage in frame size is an advantage.
                    wow......just, wow. lmao!

Comment

What? You're making no sense.

So effectively what you're saying is reach equals size sometimes but not all the time?

Or only with a certain style?

So Bob Foster (79 inch reach) is bigger than Joe Fraizer (73 inch reach) by your logic? But of course we know that's not true.

Really is just ridiculous.
                      You tried to make an example out of Sandy Sadler... I pointed out Eric Morales who was the same build, and moved up successfully.

Take a rangy fighter like Morales, and he can move up from 122 to 140, then you take a short armed fighter like Gamboa, and he already looks like **** at 135... why? Reach...

I have no idea why it is such a foreign concept to you. If you can reach another man to punch him, and he can't reach to you punch you at the same range, you have a MASSIVE advantage.

Comment

Working...
                      X