Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lara can not get the fights he wants at 154, why not move to 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lara would have some success but ultimately be eaten alive by bigger middleweights.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Ortiz is a 140lb fighter. Cotto is a 140lb fighter, Mosley is a 147lb fighter.
      Ortiz and Cotto aren't 140 lbs fighters, they both killed themselves to make those weights.

You are seriously telling me that you think Ortiz and Cotto are smaller than Mayweather?

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Look at this faceooff picture of Cotto vs Mayweather, and then consider than Floyd has 5" in reach over him, and tell me who the bigger fighter is.

Again vs Mosley.

Same build, but this time Mosley is only at a 1 inch reach disadvantage, much closer in size.
      Well, Mosley used to be listed as 74 inch reach but it's now changed to 71.

So I suppose he was bigger before, but now he's smaller? Mosley, smaller than Mayweather. Who'd have thought.

Please explain to me how Mosley is a "147 lber" and Mayweather isn't. That's a conundrum

And alvarez is bigger than Floyd? HAHAHA!

Canelo isn't even bigger than Mosley...... and look how short his arms are... Floyds are even longer than Mosleys...
      Oh this is just absurd now!! Canelo is smaller than Mayweather? Let that sink in your brain.

Canelo should be a 147lb, but he is overly muscled for his size, but reach wise, he is smaller than Floyd and would always be incapable of winning a jabbing contest for that reason.

Mosley was closest in size to Floyd, and guess who is the only fighter to tag him with any meaningful punches... GASP the guy who is basically equal in reach with him. Mosley was old though, so things fell apart quite fast.

Moving up in weight and packing on muscle doesn't make that weight the fighters natural weight. Their natural weight is the weight at which they are competitive for their build.

Compare Cotto to Natural Welterweights like Vernon Forrest, and Ray Leonard, and you can see how small he is.

People keep talking like Floyd is fighting Giants...

Muscle slows you down, thats it. Its not true size... its a hinderance in boxing, it always has been.

There is a reason why fighters try and drain themselves to the smallest size possible, and its not because its muscle is an advantage. Its because an advantage in frame size is an advantage.
      Canelo should be at 147? The guy couldn't even make 150 3 years ago! In a years or so time he will be struggling to make 154 I imagine.

This is honestly one of the most ridiculous things I've read.

So if Mike Tyson fought Mayweather, Tyson, would be the smaller man (71 inch reach)?

Comment

You tried to make an example out of Sandy Sadler... I pointed out Eric Morales who was the same build, and moved up successfully.

Take a rangy fighter like Morales, and he can move up from 122 to 140, then you take a short armed fighter like Gamboa, and he already looks like **** at 135... why? Reach...

I have no idea why it is such a foreign concept to you. If you can reach another man to punch him, and he can't reach to you punch you at the same range, you have a MASSIVE advantage.
        But is Morales the same size as Bradley? Obviously not and neither is Saddler.

Yeah well obviously reach is an advantage but reach doesn't equal size.

Surely that's just common sense here.

It's pretty abundantly clear that Canelo is much larger than Mayweather is. I doubt anyone would try and dispute that.

It's quite obvious that Mike Tyson is not similar in size to Shane Mosley who on paper have the same reach.

It's quite obvious that Celestine Caballero is not larger than Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Ortiz and Cotto aren't 140 lbs fighters, they both killed themselves to make those weights.

You are seriously telling me that you think Ortiz and Cotto are smaller than Mayweather?

Well, Mosley used to be listed as 74 inch reach but it's now changed to 71.

So I suppose he was bigger before, but now he's smaller? Mosley, smaller than Mayweather. Who'd have thought.

Please explain to me how Mosley is a "147 lber" and Mayweather isn't. That's a conundrum

Oh this is just absurd now!! Canelo is smaller than Mayweather? Let that sink in your brain.

Canelo should be at 147? The guy couldn't even make 150 3 years ago! In a years or so time he will be struggling to make 154 I imagine.

This is honestly one of the most ridiculous things I've read.

So if Mike Tyson fought Mayweather, Tyson, would be the smaller man (71 inch reach)?
          Not being able to make the weight doesn't mean it wouldn't be a better weight for him if he could based on his frame.

If Mike Tyson made 154lb or 147lb, he wouldn't be the mike tyson you know, so your point is quite stupid.

Mike Tyson also has several inches in height on Floyd, which cancels out reach to some degree. We can actually do math and calculate how much of an effect height will have on reach.

I get your point though, you love Floyd.

Comment

But is Morales the same size as Bradley? Obviously not and neither is Saddler.

Yeah well obviously reach is an advantage but reach doesn't equal size.

Surely that's just common sense here.

It's pretty abundantly clear that Canelo is much larger than Mayweather is. I doubt anyone would try and dispute that.

It's quite obvious that Mike Tyson is not similar in size to Shane Mosley who on paper have the same reach.

It's quite obvious that Celestine Caballero is not larger than Mayweather.

Well, he sure seems to be the same size as Maidana... Glad to know Bradley is so huge.

The Fights seems to support this size parity that the images would appear to support.

Last edited by !! Shawn; 01-21-2014, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Not being able to make the weight doesn't mean it wouldn't be a better weight for him if he could based on his frame.

If Mike Tyson made 154lb or 147lb, he wouldn't be the mike tyson you know, so your point is quite stupid.

Mike Tyson also has several inches in height on Floyd, which cancels out reach to some degree. We can actually do math and calculate how much of an effect height will have on reach.

I get your point though, you love Floyd.
              What?!?!??! This has to be a wind up.

He cannot make the weight. His body is incapable of doing it. But that's a better weight for him?!

But Mike Tyson has a 71 inch reach and reach equals size right? He's only 3 inchs taller aswell "Weight doesn't mean anything to size" so why would the idea of him making 147 or 154 even come into the equation?

Who's bigger? Bob Foster or Joe Fraizer? Bob's both taller and has a longer reach so I guess it's Foster I suppose?

Your logic is unbelievably flawed.

Comment

Well, he sure seems to be the same size as Maidana... Glad to know Bradley is so huge.

The Fights seems to support this size parity that the images would appear to support.

So now you're trying to tell me that Morales was a legitimate 140 lber?? You believe he's the same size as Maidana Goodness.

The guy was flabby and overweight at 140. Everyone knows this, he was even the butt of Angel Garcia's jokes in the first fight.

It's mind boggling.

So just so we know you're sticking with the theory that Canelo is smaller than Mayweather?

Comment

• Everyone is ducking GGG. I wouldn't expect Lara to fight him. Greater fighters won't even fight Lara who's no GGG

Comment

• Shawn has really outdone himself the past week. First the Grustler fail thread, not these insanely stupid posts.

Comment

What?!?!??! This has to be a wind up.

He cannot make the weight. His body is incapable of doing it. But that's a better weight for him?!

But Mike Tyson has a 71 inch reach and reach equals size right? He's only 3 inchs taller aswell "Weight doesn't mean anything to size" so why would the idea of him making 147 or 154 even come into the equation?

Who's bigger? Bob Foster or Joe Fraizer? Bob's both taller and has a longer reach so I guess it's Foster I suppose?

Your logic is unbelievably flawed.
                      I am saying Canelo is small for 154... Are you trying to say that Canelo has the frame to move up to 174? Roy went from 154 to 174... would you say Canelo has the same frame as Roy Jones?

Canelo has the frame of a welterweight, but he is overly muscular.

Comment

Working...
                      X