No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Kirkland????????: K2 reserves Madison Square Garden

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    HBO haven't officially decided afaik? Probably not much point negotiating with Geale whenever he still has to fight Garth Wood.
    I don't think so, both GGG and Geale have fights coming up. But maybe they do prefer Kirkland, I could see that.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      I don't think so, both GGG and Geale have fights coming up. But maybe they do prefer Kirkland, I could see that.
      I can see why too, he's a US fighter coming off a good win so will bring in his own viewers. Easier to market also. If the fight gets made it won't be the end of the world since GG fights 4 times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        Oh please. Stop with the cop outs. Golovkin is one of their biggest stars, he gives them their best ratings rite now. He can say he wants geale. Ken hershman himself has said geale is an acceptable opponent. So if hershman is willing to name drop geale for April, tell me why Golovkin isn't fighting him?
        Probably cause HBO prefers Kirkland, like Gary Shaw fcuking told you. I don't think GGG badly wants Geale, just another guy to run over, who just passed on the fight. Whoever HBO wants is fine with him.

Comment

Probably cause HBO prefers Kirkland, like Gary Shaw fcuking told you. I don't think GGG badly wants Geale, just another guy to run over, who just passed on the fight. Whoever HBO wants is fine with him.
          Ok then well if he doesn't badly want Geale, then it's his fault. Not HBO's. So spare me your excuses. It's rocket science apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            I think GGG steamrolls Kirkland and it has nothing to do with the weight as Kirkland is bigger/heavier at 154 on fight night than GGG is at 160. GGG is just a better fighter overall.
            this basically ... should be a fun fight as long as it lasts

Comment

I don't think GGG badly wants Geale, just another guy to run over, who just passed on the fight. Whoever HBO wants is fine with him.
              So Golovkin doesn't want a top middleweight/recent unified champ on his resume and would prefer Kirkland? Then he can stop complaining about top fighters not wanting to fight him and people criticizing him for for fighting 154 pounders.

Comment

Pathetic excuse of a fight. But hey, we'll get a highlight reel ko outta this.

Choo Choo goes the hypetrain

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  Ok then well if he doesn't badly want Geale, then it's his fault. Not HBO's. So spare me your excuses. It's rocket science apparently.
                  Not badly enough to go against HBO's wishes. So I take it you'd give him a lot of credit for beating Geale? And you'd bet on Geale at 10-1 odds? So why would he go against HBO for a no hoper like this?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    Martinez, Sturm, Quillin, Geale, Murray -- they all are 160...
                    Why don't anybody ask them if they want to fight Golovkin?... I suspect they will not be refused...
                    And these above... are fighting namely who this year?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBettle View Post
                      So Golovkin doesn't want a top middleweight/recent unified champ on his resume and would prefer Kirkland? Then he can stop complaining about top fighters not wanting to fight him and people criticizing him for for fighting 154 pounders.
                      Geale just passed on an offer from GGG for a fight in Monaco. He'd previously dropped a belt when mandated to fight GGG. So obviously G wants to fight him, like Geale's promoter Shaw acknowledges, but HBO must greatly overpay his opponents so they get to be picky

Comment

Working...
                      X