No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Kirkland????????: K2 reserves Madison Square Garden

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    Because apparently Kirkland is the better fight. So let's mark this down. Golovkins last 4 fights would have been ishida, Stevens, adama, and Kirkland. One of those fights could have been the #3 ranked MW.
    http://www.boxingscene.com/shaw-hbo-...e-fight--73456

"I spoke with HBO, and they say they are looking at other options. I know GGG wants to fight Geale. They offered us a fight for Monte Carlo, but Geale wants to be on HBO."

Comment

Really like watching both fight, but this is just awful. GGG will stop him in under 4 rounds without question.

HBO doing this because they think Kirkland will draw better than Geale? GGG will draw no matter what, why not put him in with a ranked MW instead of 154 pounder? Plus, a beating like GGG will give Kirkland could take away his must-see status. He is going to get thrashed, smh.

Please don't do this HBO, K2, et. al

Comment

Kirkland is certainly a cherry pick.
        Definition of a cherry pick. But I guess since Kirkland is exciting this fight gets a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
          Lol Golovkin is a middleweight and he can't get fights at 160 unless he fights a junior middleweight moving up. He should be ballsy like his competition and move up for a bigger challenge....
          Geale wants to fight him. Also, afaik Kirkland has had more fights at MW than JMW.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 01-19-2014, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post

"I spoke with HBO, and they say they are looking at other options. I know GGG wants to fight Geale. They offered us a fight for Monte Carlo, but Geale wants to be on HBO."
            But.... that doesn't count though

Comment

Martinez, Sturm, Quillin, Geale, Murray -- they all are 160...
              Why don't anybody ask them if they want to fight Golovkin?... I suspect they will not be refused...

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                I feel GGG is a better all round fighter but if you look at both their resumes, both have fought pretty similar opposition from a quality standpoint. James had 1 bad outing against Ishida but that's about it. There's just certain people who hate on GGG just to hate on him because he's a beast and he's not black.
                I don't give a **** about their resumes. Kirkland is a 154 fighter who is tailor made for GGG. This does nothing for his resume.

And you can shove that racial **** up your ass.

Comment

Damn another JMW? Go up to 168 already.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    But.... that doesn't count though
                    Oh please. All I hear is excuses. Its a cherry pick. When other fighters do it, they are crucified. Stop with the double standards, fangirls. If golovkin wants to fight Geale, then he could. He apparently has chosen Kirkland. Or he has let HBO choose kirkland for him, either way, its weak and this whole "its not golovkins fault" crap is getting old. Either u step up or u don't. Simple as that. He has done nothing in over a year essentially to strengthen his resume.

Comment

Oh please. All I hear is excuses. Its a cherry pick. When other fighters do it, they are crucified. Stop with the double standards, fangirls. If golovkin wants to fight Geale, then he could. He apparently has chosen Kirkland. Or he has let HBO choose kirkland for him, either way, its weak and this whole "its not golovkins fault" crap is getting old. Either u step up or u don't. Simple as that. He has done nothing in over a year essentially to strengthen his resume.
                      Did you not read the quote? Read what Geale's promoter is saying, HBO prefers another fight. Geale already passed on a GGG fight 2x, including this next fight in Monaco.

Comment

Working...
                      X