Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jhonny Gonzalez Eyes March Bout, Rejects Gary Russell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think this whole ordeal is because GBP wanted to move Mares vs. Gonzalez II from February 15th to Floyd's undercard on May 3rd.

They probably expected Gonzalez to just sit around and wait for the rematch for 8 months, but f**k that. I'm sure Mares doesn't have a problem with waiting until May because he's used to being inactive as f**k. I hope Gonzalez takes a fight in late March so he won't be ready on time for May 3rd.

Mares vs. Gonzalez I was on August 24th, 2013. Gonzalez probably could have had 1 or 2 more fights to close out 2013, and 1 or 2 more fights before May or June of this year. F**king ridiculous.

Has GBP lost faith in Mares? Is that why they're mentioning Gary "T.B.A." Russell Jr.? I wish Gonzalez vs. Russell Jr. would happen. Gonzalez would beat the dog s**t out of that punk.
    Last edited by VAGAB0ND; 01-16-2014, 04:11 PM.

Comment

As much flack as garry russel jr takes, the guy is dangerous as **** and im not suprised gonzalez doesnt want to fight him. It could really throw a wrench in the mares rematch plan.

Comment

in all the MX & CA papers, boxing sites I've scoured, nothing as far as a copy or VERIFICATION on Mares rib injury...he & his people/promoter want it on the 8 Mar date but Jhonny deserves 2 make him wait , get a defense 4 some $$$ that he's been deprived of since he's gained notoriety, ie: the pittance he received 4 his defense in the 1st Mares bout...GO JHONNY!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePugalist View Post
          who r u to sit back and issue decrees regarding who deserves what and when ??? Some people don't realize how silly they sound . Bottom line = Gonzalez and Russel r both TREMENDOUS fighters and it would be an honor 4 fans to view such a sports spectacle !
          Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
          I think Russell is too dangerous and Gonzalez and his team probably see that as well.

It's a high risk low reward fight, and Gonzalez is probably looking to make big money fighting in Mexico and then fighting Mares again.

Russell is ranked no.3 by the WBC.

It's my opinion, it's a voluntary defence and Gonzalez has the right to choose whoever he want, my opinion is my opinion and I stand by it. When I see Russell fight one meaningful fight (win or lose) then my opinion might change.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            Russell's best win is Gusev. He should fight Ponce and earn a shot at a title
            Pretty much this, he need to do something to deserve the opportunity at that belt. At the names people are throwing out in this thread have been champions or prove themselves before getting some type of chance. Russell has not done anything in my humble opinion to get near a belt yet.

Comment

Ok Ray , I understand its your opinion , but that's an opinion that thwarts many good fights that most people wanna see . Lots of people thought Gonz was too over the hill for the young rising star Mares and didn't deserve that fight . It's also a insurance policy used by fighters who sometimes try to avoid certain fights because their hedging what they've accrued and want as little risk as possible . I think that was the case with Stevenson , who was also using that excuse until people like us put the pressure on , then the networks will make sure these fighters fight the fights that the "people" wanna see . So when u champion that type of opinion u help to thwart the best fights

Comment

Johnny knows Russell would spark him.

Comment

Now Russel can no longer duck TBA!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
                    It's okay. Gary Russell still has a score to settle with TBA.

Comment

Who cares about anyone's opinion regarding who u think will win . Bottom line is that everyone on this thread would be interested enough to tune in .

Comment

Working...
                      X