No announcement yet.

Pacquiao not leaving Arum for Mayweather bout : inquirer.net

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
    Still not the equivalent of the relationship that Bob Arum has with Pac. GB cuts Floyd a check but he's contracting out promotional services to them, so really, he's cutting them a check. Arum owns Manny, lock, stock and barrel.
    Like it or not Floyd is not his own boss either. He doesnt promote his own fights, gbp does that for him. He doesn't pay himself after each fight, gbp does that for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
      Ur talking articles??? I'm showing u what came out of the horses mouth!! Not some articles on yahoo! Lmao!!! "I won't do business with arum ever". What didn't u get in that statement?
      Cut, stadium, fear of needles, no testing, dont know who to talk to, and i can go on and on. Straight from horses mouth.

What part of these dont you understand?

One of my favs though was "**** floyd!" " we dont need him we got many other fighters who pac can fight"
      Last edited by Fetta; 01-15-2014, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Leave top rank to get 1 fight with floyd? How do we even know manny will get the fight? Oh because Floyd said so? Floyd also said and yes manny u're next then I never said that. So u want manny to just get up and leave top rank without knowing for sure if he's gonna get the Floyd fight? And after all this have we even hear Floyd said I want to him Manny or if manny leaves top rank I'll fight him?? Remember Floyd used to say take the test we got a fight now he won't even mention that anymore all we get is what is manny's last ppv numbers?

Let's say manny do leave top rank, how are we to know he will get a good offer from Floyd? Remember manny will not have arum to counter Floyd's offer. So u want manny to just leave like that? Like i said knowing Floyd if PAC leaves arum Floyd will throw him a ****ty offer and say this is what all my opponents got take It or leave it . Why would PAC leave arum only to get 5-10mil for a Floyd fight when he's already making more with top rank??
        If his whole contract is up why only leave for 1 fight? Why not just leave? Even if he doesn't get the Mayweather fight, anyway you slice it Golden Boy has the most attractive fighters Pac could possibly face. After Marquez and Bradley there is nothing left that people would buy unless you want to see Pac fight the Alvorado's, Provodnikov's, and Rios' of the world. Those guys are good fighters, but do nothing to enhance Pac's resume or checkbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
          I agree with Pacquiao, If Arum wants to make the fight, what difference does it make who Pacquiao's promotional outfit is?

However, on the same note, when was the last time Pacquiao fought a fighter who wasn't promoted by Top Rank? Plus, Pacquiao isn't the draw, Mayweather is. From the standpoint of Mayweather/GBP, it just makes good business sense to insist that Pacquiao leave TR seeing as Mayweather/BGP has all of the leverage. If the roles were reversed, Pacquiao/Arum would be singing the same song. See Robert Guerrero...
          Here's where your wrong...Pacquaio vs Mayweather Is the draw..Notice how Mayweather sold about 1.3 million more buys vs Canelo then he did against Guerrero. .So sick of Floyds fans saying the opponent doesn't matter..it does and it always will..we will see this very shortly when he fights Khan and it bombs...And we saw it with Pacquaio vs Rios...

Comment

Like it or not Floyd is not his own boss either. He doesnt promote his own fights, gbp does that for him. He doesn't pay himself after each fight, gbp does that for him.
            Again, ahem, Floyd's relationship with GB is not like the one between Bob Arum and Manny Pacquiao. Regardless of who gives Mayweather a check he isn't an indentured servant to GB, he isn't under contract to them. Manny can't do anything without the consent of his boss/massa/warden/godfather Arum.

Comment

Maybe Manny has Stockholm Syndrome.

Stockholm syndrome, or capture–bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness.[1][2] The FBI's Hostage Barricade Database System shows that roughly 8% of victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.[3]

Stockholm syndrome can be seen as a form of traumatic bonding, which does not necessarily require a hostage scenario, but which describes “strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other.”[4] One commonly used hypothesis to explain the effect of Stockholm syndrome is based on Freudian theory. It suggests that the bonding is the individual’s response to trauma in becoming a victim. Identifying with the aggressor is one way that the ego defends itself. When a victim believes the same values as the aggressor, they cease to be a threat.[5]

Battered-person syndrome is an example of activating the capture–bonding psychological mechanism, as are military basic training and fraternity bonding by hazing.[dubious ].[6][7][8]

Stockholm syndrome is sometimes erroneously referred to as Helsinki syndrome.[9][10]

Comment

Leave top rank to get 1 fight with floyd? How do we even know manny will get the fight? Oh because Floyd said so? Floyd also said and yes manny u're next then I never said that. So u want manny to just get up and leave top rank without knowing for sure if he's gonna get the Floyd fight? And after all this have we even hear Floyd said I want to him Manny or if manny leaves top rank I'll fight him?? Remember Floyd used to say take the test we got a fight now he won't even mention that anymore all we get is what is manny's last ppv numbers?

Let's say manny do leave top rank, how are we to know he will get a good offer from Floyd? Remember manny will not have arum to counter Floyd's offer. So u want manny to just leave like that? Like i said knowing Floyd if PAC leaves arum Floyd will throw him a ****ty offer and say this is what all my opponents got take It or leave it . Why would PAC leave arum only to get 5-10mil for a Floyd fight when he's already making more with top rank??
                Let's say manny do leave top rank, how are we to know he will get a good offer from Floyd?

Because every fighter that has fought floyd since the ODH figh has gotten a career high payday. The $40 mil, no ppv offer was "bad" only because Manny was no getting any ppv revenue. The dollar amount was the most manny would ever receive from a fight.

WHen manny agreed to take the test he did get an offer. Now we can argue if it was a good or bad offer, but it was an offer. Now hate floyd all you want, but you can't say he lied about making manny an offer once he accepted ped testing.

These are facts. To say you are not sure he would get a great offer makes no sense given what you know to be true. If you really believe manny will get a $10 mil offer than you are either pretending to not know the truth simply to support your argument or you are just being indignant.

If you don't want pac to leave TR, cool, just say so. But don't be disingenuous and pretend that floyd lowballs his opponents and use that as the justification.

Comment

Originally posted by jwheels9876 View Post
                  Here's where your wrong...Pacquaio vs Mayweather Is the draw..Notice how Mayweather sold about 1.3 million more buys vs Canelo then he did against Guerrero. .So sick of Floyds fans saying the opponent doesn't matter..it does and it always will..we will see this very shortly when he fights Khan and it bombs...And we saw it with Pacquaio vs Rios...
                  Meanwhile Pacquiao vs Rios did 475k PPVs.

Like I said, Mayweather IS the DRAW.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    Cut, stadium, fear of needles, no testing, dont know who to talk to, and i can go on and on. Straight from horses mouth.

What part of these dont you understand?

One of my favs though was "**** floyd!" " we dont need him we got many other fighters who pac can fight"
                    Manny need to do ost, can't train in the Philippines, a rep from mayweathers camp needs to be at the wild card while manny is training. Won't give manny any ppv, PAC needs to revenge his lost to Bradley and Marquez first. PAC needs to leave arum and get sign onto top rank and my favorite "I won't do business with arum ever"!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                      Again, ahem, Floyd's relationship with GB is not like the one between Bob Arum and Manny Pacquiao. Regardless of who gives Mayweather a check he isn't an indentured servant to GB, he isn't under contract to them. Manny can't do anything without the consent of his boss/massa/warden/godfather Arum.
                      Keep repeating urself, like it or not Floyd doesn't cut his own checks so that means he's not his own boss like u said! That's all.

Comment

Working...
                      X