Pacquiao not leaving Arum for Mayweather bout : inquirer.net

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Continue1UP View Post
    Maybe Manny has Stockholm Syndrome.

Stockholm syndrome, or capture–bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness.[1][2] The FBI's Hostage Barricade Database System shows that roughly 8% of victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.[3]

Stockholm syndrome can be seen as a form of traumatic bonding, which does not necessarily require a hostage scenario, but which describes “strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other.”[4] One commonly used hypothesis to explain the effect of Stockholm syndrome is based on Freudian theory. It suggests that the bonding is the individual’s response to trauma in becoming a victim. Identifying with the aggressor is one way that the ego defends itself. When a victim believes the same values as the aggressor, they cease to be a threat.[5]

Battered-person syndrome is an example of activating the capture–bonding psychological mechanism, as are military basic training and fraternity bonding by hazing.[dubious ].[6][7][8]

Stockholm syndrome is sometimes erroneously referred to as Helsinki syndrome.[9][10]
    How about we apply Ockham's Razor?
    "En****** should not be multiplied unnecessarily" - William of Ockham
    Translation: "when you have two competing theories that make exactly the same predictions, the simpler one is the better."

So using this reasoning, either Manny has "Stockholm Syndrome" or he's just a run of the mill ******? The simpler explanation is that he's just a ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
      Keep repeating urself, like it or not Floyd doesn't cut his own checks so that means he's not his own boss like u said! That's all.
      How is being willfully obtuse working for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
        Meanwhile Pacquiao vs Rios did 475k PPVs.

Like I said, Mayweather IS the DRAW.
        Which PPV sells better Mayweather Vs Khan or Mayweather Vs Pacquiao. That's what I thought. It takes two.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          If his whole contract is up why only leave for 1 fight? Why not just leave? Even if he doesn't get the Mayweather fight, anyway you slice it Golden Boy has the most attractive fighters Pac could possibly face. After Marquez and Bradley there is nothing left that people would buy unless you want to see Pac fight the Alvorado's, Provodnikov's, and Rios' of the world. Those guys are good fighters, but do nothing to enhance Pac's resume or checkbook.
          i believe at this point pac's legacy is already set, and he mention about it everytime that he has nothing left to prove. why would he leave top rank? just because GBP have the better fighters? how much do GBP pay their fighters thats is not name floyd? so those guys will not enhance his checkbook but going to gbp will? and the whole point of leaving top rank is to get a floyd fight so if he doesnt get it whats the point of leaving then?

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
            Which PPV sells better Mayweather Vs Khan or Mayweather Vs Pacquiao. That's what I thought. It takes two.
            except it doesnt. mayweather sold somewhere around a million ppvs with robert frikkin guerrero. now tell me he isnt the draw when manny couldnt even break 500k with rios. the reasoning u guys use is faulty. there is no doubt in anyones mind, floyd is the draw. if manny were to fight providnikov im april, i guarantee u it would not sell over 400k.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Let's say manny do leave top rank, how are we to know he will get a good offer from Floyd?

Because every fighter that has fought floyd since the ODH figh has gotten a career high payday. The $40 mil, no ppv offer was "bad" only because Manny was no getting any ppv revenue. The dollar amount was the most manny would ever receive from a fight.

WHen manny agreed to take the test he did get an offer. Now we can argue if it was a good or bad offer, but it was an offer. Now hate floyd all you want, but you can't say he lied about making manny an offer once he accepted ped testing.

These are facts. To say you are not sure he would get a great offer makes no sense given what you know to be true. If you really believe manny will get a $10 mil offer than you are either pretending to not know the truth simply to support your argument or you are just being indignant.

If you don't want pac to leave TR, cool, just say so. But don't be disingenuous and pretend that floyd lowballs his opponents and use that as the justification.
              and what was their career high pay day? all the fighters that have fought floyd besides oscar didnt see anything pass 10mil so wtf are u talking about? like i said pac is not those guys that went and fought floyd for their career high pay day, pac is already making that amount fighting in a sparring session match type fight. can u name me one fighter that fought floyd besides oscar that ended up getting paid more than what manny is getting from top rank?????

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                Manny need to do ost, can't train in the Philippines, a rep from mayweathers camp needs to be at the wild card while manny is training. Won't give manny any ppv, PAC needs to revenge his lost to Bradley and Marquez first. PAC needs to leave arum and get sign onto top rank and my favorite "I won't do business with arum ever"!!
                anyone with a brain knows the sign onto his promotional company was a shot at arum cause he does it to all fighters to get shot at pac. No training in philiipines no one took serious.

No athlete should ever say no and he finally said yes and did it but blame floyd right. No PPV i admit was bad but thats negotiations that team pac walked from. Revenge not needed but beating rios then thinking hes back at the top is a joke.

Like i said if you dont want to believe it is and has been arum then dont. Let pac be pac and floyd be floyd. Both legacies are fine but pac needs money and needs to get away.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  except it doesnt. mayweather sold somewhere around a million ppvs with robert frikkin guerrero. now tell me he isnt the draw when manny couldnt even break 500k with rios. the reasoning u guys use is faulty. there is no doubt in anyones mind, floyd is the draw. if manny were to fight providnikov im april, i guarantee u it would not sell over 400k.
                  Answer my Initial question. Which PPV sells better and why.

Comment

It seems as though Floyd got under Pacquiao's skin.

Comment

I wonder about Showtime Espinoza's next move now. He wanted Pac for Floyd's next fight, but Floyd gave him an excuse about promotional differences. I guess he'll have to give in to Floyd's choice of Khan now. They're probably trying to figure the supporting undercards.

Comment

Working...
                      X