No announcement yet.

Prime Michael Spinks vs. Sergey Kovalev at 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    lol, now atg fighters and hofers are bums?? smh. the lightheavy division spinks fought in was more packed than any division in boxing right now. seriously if u dont know what ur talking about, just move on.
    I highly doubt that, but even so, I didn't knock the best ones, just some of those fighters in the video. I've never liked the wide open style of many fighters of the 80s and think they severly lacked defense and punching technique. And no I'm not talking about Spinks, as he's obviously not a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
      I highly doubt that, but even so, I didn't knock the best ones, just some of those fighters in the video. I've never liked the wide open style of many fighters of the 80s and think they severly lacked defense and punching technique. And no I'm not talking about Spinks, as he's obviously not a bum.
      thats because u have no idea what ur talking about. smh

Comment

u serious???
        I am so sorry. I should have asked you what the correct answer was first. Meanwhile if Kovalev ever loses a fight or even fails to KO his opponent I might change my pick. For now yes I am serious. I saw them both fight and they are both good but I think the Russian is better. Spinks lasted less than a round with Tyson and never fought again. He was good but I don't think he was unbeatable at 175. If they start matching GGG with old time middleweights in fantasy fights I'll be picking him too.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I am so sorry. I should have asked you what the correct answer was first. Meanwhile if Kovalev ever loses a fight or even fails to KO his opponent I might change my pick. For now yes I am serious. I saw them both fight and they are both good but I think the Russian is better. Spinks lasted less than a round with Tyson and never fought again. He was good but I don't think he was unbeatable at 175. If they start matching GGG with old time middleweights in fantasy fights I'll be picking him too.
          wtf???

Comment

I don't either. All I said was Kovalev would walk through many of those same opponents. But mentioning Kovalev vs Spinks specifically is jumping ahead of oneself.
            Since he hasn't even proven he can bear Stevenson yet, you have no point. As suggested you should just shut up.

Comment

u serious???
              wtf???
              We get it. You think Spinks was the best and no modern fighter even compares with him. Why don't you let others with an opinion different than yours express that opinion without you trashing them. They never fought and they never will fight so there is no right or wrong answer. It is just a damn fantasy fight so lighten up why don't you.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                We get it. You think Spinks was the best and no modern fighter even compares with him. Why don't you let others with an opinion different than yours express that opinion without you trashing them. They never fought and they never will fight so there is no right or wrong answer. It is just a damn fantasy fight so lighten up why don't you.
                Than why not breakdown the fight and tell us specific reasons you think Kovalev wins? We know he hasn't faced better comp. Was his jab better, was he faster? Better defense? Can we really say he's more powerful based on the comp fought? What exactly is it?

Comment

I don't either. All I said was Kovalev would walk through many of those same opponents. But mentioning Kovalev vs Spinks specifically is jumping ahead of oneself.
                  This thread is not called "How would Kov do against Spinks opponents". And EVEN if it was I would say I highly doubt he would beat Spinks best opponents, let alone Spinks himself. And I could care less bout a guys lessor opposition, I go by the best they fought and I can name a number of guys that Spinks faced that Kov should even be mentioned in the same breath with till he can even compare to who Spinks has fought, let alone Spinks.
                  Last edited by richardt; 01-14-2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    This thread is not called "How would Kov do against Spinks opponents". And EVEN if it was I would say I highly doubt he would beat Spinks best opponents, let alone Spinks himself. And I could care less bout a guys lessor opposition, I go by the best they fought and I can name a number of guys that Spinks faced that Kov should even be mentioned in the same breath with till he can even compare to who Spinks has fought, let alone Spinks.
                    I was specifically talking about the video that was posted.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      Since he hasn't even proven he can bear Stevenson yet, you have no point. As suggested you should just shut up.
                      Look who it is, the guy who thinks Vinny Paz is a near all time great. Kovalev beats Stevenson, anyone who can judge fights based on styles can see that. After that happens, you'll still be a cry baby, so it doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X