No announcement yet.

Keith Thurman vs Kell Brook... How does it play out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i managed to find the jones - soto-karass fight.

@ karass' hair. all business.

Looks all party to me

Comment

i managed to find the jones - soto-karass fight.

@ karass' hair. all business.

Didn't know Soto Karass fought in the 80's.

Comment

I think Thurman would hurt Brook if he lands.

Then again I'm not sold on Thurman's chin.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          I'm don't think Soto Karass is on a whole other level than someone like Senchenko, Lovemore Ndou or Jackiewicz. I would say they are pretty comparable. I'd say that Chaves is probably the best Thurman's faced and he didn't look too good in that fight. But got the job done.

Karass looks like he has his feet nailed to the floor when he fights.

Senchenko was stopped on cuts. But he's never been down in a fight previously to when he fought Brook. Brook also dropped Hatton which Canelo couldn't.

Regardless, I was impressed with Thurman in his last fight as I've also explained in a thread I made about him last month. But I also do think he'll have his fair share of problems when he faces better opponents. And I think Brook would beat him if they fought now.

senchenko was not only a nobody, he was totally shot when brook fought him. i saw the paulie fight [the brook fight as well, obviously] and it wasn't as if senchenko was beating paulie and that paulie was fortunate to cut him. you brits are also big on home territory [i think it's incredibly overrated when you're talking about a guy who has been traveling the world fighting since he was a kid, and only worry about officiating.] paulie went to the ukraine to beat senchenko at a time when paulie was seen as all done.

when you've got to mention ndou, matt hatton, and senchenko, the resume isn't good. thurman doesn't have a great resume either, but it's better already than brook.

it's also painfully obvious when you watch them fight who is better. thurman moves well and can really punch. i'm watching soto karass beat up carson jones as we speak. he's whipped his ass to the body and head so far, and i'm in the 3rd round.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
            Looks all party to me
            Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Didn't know Soto Karass fought in the 80's.

Comment

I voted Thurman by KO. Brook is not bad but Thurman has done better against stronger opposition. Thurman seems to end all his fights by knocking his opponent out and I think he would add Brook to his list of KO victims.

Comment

senchenko was not only a nobody, he was totally shot when brook fought him. i saw the paulie fight [the brook fight as well, obviously] and it wasn't as if senchenko was beating paulie and that paulie was fortunate to cut him. you brits are also big on home territory [i think it's incredibly overrated when you're talking about a guy who has been traveling the world fighting since he was a kid, and only worry about officiating.] paulie went to the ukraine to beat senchenko at a time when paulie was seen as all done.

when you've got to mention ndou, matt hatton, and senchenko, the resume isn't good. thurman doesn't have a great resume either, but it's better already than brook.

it's also painfully obvious when you watch them fight who is better. thurman moves well and can really punch. i'm watching soto karass beat up carson jones as we speak. he's whipped his ass to the body and head so far, and i'm in the 3rd round.
                Oh I'm not trying to say Brook's resume is better than Thurman's, but I'm not going to say that Karass is on another level than those guys. Because he's not. I don't think you could say Senchenko was shot, as he didn't show any evidence of that in his previous two bouts. He just wasn't better - and though I haven't seen the Malignaggi-Senchenko fight in a while, I remember it being a close fight.

I don't think so at all. Brook is a lot smoother than Thurman and he moves well and can punch too. He's physically stronger too (based on each of their fights).

Soto Karass might have beaten up Jones, I haven't watched that fight - but I don't see how that makes a good case for Brook < Thurman. I'm not into all the triangle theory stuff.

Comment

This fight would never happen not in a million years.

Brook is far too protected

Brook would get knocked unconscious before the 7th

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I think Thurman would hurt Brook if he lands.

Then again I'm not sold on Thurman's chin.
                    It held up fine against many of Chavez bombs.

Comment

The only thing painfully obvious to me is that Kell does everything thing with more poise and finesse. Thurman looks awkward almost moving around the ring. Kell is faster and hits just as hard as Thurman if not harder. Kell by decision, both have good chins and great recovery so I don't think there would be a knockout.

Comment

Working...
                      X