Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When scoring a fight, are people only looking for clean punches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smoothsmg View Post
    Does ANYONE use defense, effective aggression, and ring generalship when scoring a round and fight? I dont want to pin point one fight, but the fight that sticks in my head is Manny/Bradley. I remember watching the fight the first time and feeling Manny won pretty easily, but on 2nd look the fight was much closer than first appeared. And this was based off ring generalship and defense mainly.

So when you are scoring a fight, are you looking at ANYTHING else besides the punches that landed?
    If someone has a good defence in movement, blocking but takes more hard shots, I will go with the harder puncher. In my eyes if you use defence then you shouldn't get hit more and especially harder than the offensive guy.

As you judge defence, you must judge offence. How is this guy getting through the defence must be rewarded too.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
      there's no effective about landing at a 10% rate missing alot punches means nothing in my eyes. If I hit you more than you hit me no way did I lose unless I kept getting dropped.
      You are misunderstanding the term...effective aggression means exactly what you want it to

Essentially if the punches are cleaner a guy that lands 15 punches and throws 25 can win a round vs a guy that lands 25 and throws 90.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™
        3 clean successive jabs to the face vs one big clean right hand.

Who is winning?
        Great question, and you know what I should have asked this as well because people seem to weight "power punches" more than they should. In some people eyes, that one power punch is equivelant to three jabs. I go with the 3 jab guy.

Comment

Who is winning?
          The answer is "it depends"

Comment

Defense plays a part but you cant win with defense, you can only stop the other guy from scoring.

If you do nothing but block punches the entire round and dont throw anything back, youre not going to win anything.
            Willie Pep..

Comment

Who is winning?
              Depends on whose throwing those punches. Golovkin's jab vs. Macklin's one right hand is going to Golovkin. Trout's jab vs. Alvarez's right hand is going to Alvarez.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                You are misunderstanding the term...effective aggression means exactly what you want it to

Essentially if the punches are cleaner a guy that lands 15 punches and throws 25 can win a round vs a guy that lands 25 and throws 90.
                I get that; but how many to times has a guy won a round landing basically nothing but gave it to him on activity alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  Willie Pep..
                  Myth........

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                    I get that; but how many to times has a guy won a round landing basically nothing but gave it to him on activity alone.
                    Too many times...thats why they stress judging on effective aggression and not just aggression

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Myth........
                      My grandpa told me this really happened..Then again,old people do like to tell story's..

Comment

Working...
                      X