No announcement yet.

Does Shawn Porter beat Kell Brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    Can Kell Brook give Porter a knockdown and possibly beat him? Or can Porter outhustle Brook and not give him room to box?
    Brooks chances of being IBF champ just increased, Porter was impressive against Alexander but Brook is bigger, stronger, hits harder and moves better. Porter will be active and will outwork Brook but if Brook gets out of second gear, which he does now and then, he'll take Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Personally I think Porter is a harder fight for Brook than Alexander. He really missed the chance to snare an easy title there.
      I agree. I really fancied Kell Brook to whoop Devon Alexander. Porter seems a bit different, but many think it will be an easier fight for Kell than Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        No he doesn't

Kotelnik out-jabbed him at mid range and he has concrete boots on
        But thats one fight. A fight where he looked horrible too. What about all his other fights where he boxes from the outside, then comes in and clinches? He is a mover, not a flatfooted type of guy.

Comment

I'd expect a competitive fight.

I used to think Brook had potential but over the years I've grown to think I might have been overstating it. I never thought he had "great" potential but I thought he had good potential. Not so sure now.

Hard to gauge IMO because he's competition is not very high and he's had a few shakey moments against not so stellar opposition.

I still think he's decent though.

I'd love to see this fight with Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            Exactly, it goes both ways for these guys. Are fighters not allowed to struggle anymore? You have to dominate 12-0 or win by 1st rd KO everytime? I love boxing, but we are a fickle bunch.
            Did Brook really dominate Jones in the rematch though?

I don't think that's really an accurate statement.

Comment

Tough fight to call. Porter is more proven since the Alexander win, but I'm not sold yet. Brook has all the tools to be a World-class fighter IF his head is in the right place, which I seriously question. It shouldn't have taken this long to get to this level and it shouldn't have been possible for him to come into the first Jones fight in such bad shape. I'm reaching a bit, but I have a feeling that Brook has mental problems, in terms of dedication and confidence. I hope I'm wrong, or I hope Brook has got past the problems, but I need to see him beat a World-level opponent before I'll believe that.

If I had to put my life on it, I'd back Porter at the moment, but Brook has the skill-set, athleticism, speed and power to trouble anyone - I just need more evidence he knows how to apply his gifts against a World-level fighter before I can back him.

Comment

Yes i think porter beats brook,,,, Porter just out-hustles guys and i think he would do the same vs brook.. It would be closer than the alexander fight, but in the end i think porter takes it

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Yes i think porter beats brook,,,, Porter just out-hustles guys and i think he would do the same vs brook.. It would be closer than the alexander fight, but in the end i think porter takes it
                  What I like about Porter is he can box aswell. He's not a great boxer but he can box abit aswell as force the action.

Good speed and decent power. He's well rounded and versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

That's true, dominate might not be the correct word. He improved and adjusted though, I don't think that can be argued.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I think domination was a fair word to use.

Jones had about a round or two in which he looked alright. Brook hurt him in almost every round as far as I remember it, and though he took a breather for a few, looked the dominant fighter through the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X