Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko or Wladimir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think people saying vitali would win head to head are basing it on pretty thin evidence. Wilder looks great against Duds too, does that mean if he grabs a paper title and beats another 20 by knockouts that he's got better stats than wlad and would be favored over him head to head?

I think the most telling contests to judge Vitali are

lewis
    byrd
    Sanders
    Peter

Against sanders and peter he indeed did a better job than wlad but in wlads defence you could argue that these were pretty much the best versions of vitali while wlad was not the polished article he is now when he fought them.

against Lewis he put up a sterling effort against an aging atg ... he was pushed as far as he can go showed good chin and heart

Against byrd many of his weakness were pointed out, slick boxer with good movement will make him miss and frustrate him. If Byrd had a big punch... Wlad on the other hand dominated byrd easily.

I think a slick boxer that can move well and make him miss would be a nightmare for vits ... take ali as an example ... it would be very like the Terrell fight, vits unable to land anything- ali potshoting and landing almost at will for a lopsided UD (or tko if vits cuts up) ... in a modern sense haye would be a bad match up for vits .. slick, good movement can make vits miss and has the power to hurt. Wlad on the other hand would do better against the slicker guys.

Come forward, plodding big punchers with rough enough technique are generally easy meat for vits ... but can pose dangers for at least the early Wlad (not so much anymore) slick, quick, well schooled guys will give vits all sorts of problems as he has a natural style relying on reflexes as opposed to a well schooled technique which would help neutralize such things...

Wlad himself is kinda slick these days and is probably the heavyweight with the best technique out there right now. His jab would cause vits big problems and a well timed big right for him could put anybody out so while people talking about wlad's chin etc have a point but don't think wlad can't take out vits too.

Prime Vits decimates the early era Wlad no doubt but I think the wlad of the last few years probably gets the better of prime Vits due to him having perfected his technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
      It's debatable right now but if Wladimir still beats top opponents he should be ahead of Lewis at some point.
      It's not debatable at all. Lewis resume craps all over Wlad's and will continue to do so forever.

Comment

Wlad. Because he's f**king Hayden Panettiere.

Comment

I would only take young Wlad as a live dog against any Vitali

Comment

This thread had a decent topic of discussion that has been ruined by the Klitlickers.

Weltschmerz
            Someone88
            Simurgh

Complete :bukkake: idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
              Interesting to see that nowadays most of you guys rate Vitali as the better fighter.

Wladimir's big problem is his inside game, he should really deal with it. Contrary to his brother, Vitali can adapts very well to every style. I think that the Solis fight would have been similar to the Juan Carlos Gomez one.

Solis would be a very risky fight for Wladimir. And I give him credit for wanting to take this fight. ( He wanted to fight Solis first instead of Pianeta but it didn't work out).
              I agree with the bolded.

Grabimir doesn't have an inside game full stop. Or a chin for that matter, hence relentless grabbing ensues when anyone gets under his jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                This thread had a decent topic of discussion that has been ruined by the Klitlickers.

Weltschmerz
                Someone88
                Simurgh

Look who's talking, one of the biggest Klitschko haters on NSB

Every time someone mentions Klitschko and Lewis in the sentence our Princess Leia is there to defend her hero.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  It's not debatable at all. Lewis resume craps all over Wlad's and will continue to do so forever.
                  Why do you think that? If you were talking about Ali ok, but I don't see why Wladimir can't be ahead of Lewis especially if he keeps winning.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Wladimir is by far the better boxer and has the better resume by a country mile.

I like Vitali but he is so overrated based on his stats against absolute duds.
                    I'm interested in hearing why you think Wlad is by far the better boxer? IMO, they are both black belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post

Weltschmerz
                      Someone88
                      Simurgh

I think we're being quite reasonable here, we can start bringing out stats but we haven't gone there yet. The Klitschkos are great heavyweights, more people are starting to see that now.

Comment

Working...
                      X