Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins: Rich Kids Don't Fight" "They Shouldn't" And "They never will"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ain't got nothing to do with motivation you lot need to understand that, its a competitive sport nobody likes losing and as long as you have that mentality along with the necessary skills and conditioning who is he to tell you what you should or shouldn't do?
    Anyway I ain't no rich kid but I just don't see it in the same way he is putting it.

Comment

bhop did lose to calzaghe.

before fight - "ill never lose to a white boy"

joe gets SD. 2 white judges give it to him. 1 black chick gives it to bhop. roy jones says he lost because of the white boy statement. lol.

Comment

That's pretty much the case I would say.

I was not rich as a kid but very very fortunate growing up.

I boxed as a kid for a long time and the gym I went to 3 times a week to spar was in a tough neighborhood (my garage was better equipped than my boxing gym was) and every kid there had aspirations of going pro winning a title and helping their families out.

I wanted to be a champion also but for very selfish reasons and when I got sparked in the ams I stopped competing and did other things along with boxing because I had other options as far as career choices because I had access to a quality education.

I manage fighters also but only boxers who live in Tijuana, Monterrey and Mexico City because they are much more serious about their boxing careers then most of the fighters in America, because unfortunately they have less options to feed their families.
        Last edited by U_TALKING_2_ME?; 01-04-2014, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
          This has nothing to do with race you moron.
          It is always to do with race when it comes to Hopkins. The man is obsessed with it.

Comment

Pretty obvious. I'm sure maybe there are like 1-2 examples but 99.999999% of the great fighters were poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
              It is always to do with race when it comes to Hopkins. The man is obsessed with it.
              Okay, with Hopkins, his particular comment may have been race-driven, but his actual comment alone didn't have anything to do with race.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Perhaps that's a reason why Hopkins thinks Shumenov has no chance.
                So whys he fighting him?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  So whys he fighting him?
                  Because he has no chance.

Comment

hopkins does say some funny stuff!

Comment

Boxing is historically a poor man's sport. Back when the Blacks, Irish, Italian, Jewish immigrants made it popular they were the poor class of the U.S.

Now the tables have turned and Italians, Irish and Jewish are no longer the poor class, it's still Blacks but now Hispanics have been added to do that. There are exceptions, but almost every story of every boxer is a "How rough I had it as a kid" type of story.

Comment

Working...
                      X