No announcement yet.

Hopkins: Rich Kids Don't Fight" "They Shouldn't" And "They never will"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
    mayweather jr seems to have did prety good for himself .. chavez jr is the prime example of already being well fed no motivation
    Floyd sr was selling crack. They were hardly rich lol. And Hopkins is right. I'd say prob 90% of boxers come from poor backgrounds. Or atleast middle class and under

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
      I think the majority of fighters come from poor backgrounds, but there are definitely some who have middle-class upbringings. Chavez Jr is a perfect example of a kid from a wealthy family, assuming his father spent his millions wisely.
      Chavez Jr. isn't a good example though because his father was a legendary fighter. So naturally, he was surrounded by boxing.

Comment

This has nothing to do with race you moron.
        that was a reference to a lack of fighters coming from the upper middle class you slow idiot

Comment

Who cares where you come from as long as you win.

Lotta boxers come from boxing families and do well

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            that was a reference to a lack of fighters coming from the upper middle class you slow idiot
            If that was true, you wouldn't have brought race into it you dope. lol

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
              mayweather jr seems to have did prety good for himself .. chavez jr is the prime example of already being well fed no motivation
              He means starting out boxers are poor. Floyd slept ten deep in one room.

Bhops trainer naazim has said what separates special fighters is being motivated when they had millions.

"They say I train like I'm poor, like I haven't made a dime". - Floyd mayweather jr. On an episode of 24/7

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                Chavez Jr. isn't a good example though because his father was a legendary fighter. So naturally, he was surrounded by boxing.
                We're talking about "rich kids", not whether a kid is "surrounded by boxing".

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Isnt he fighting a millionaire lawyer next?
                  He sure is

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    Floyd sr was selling crack. They were hardly rich lol. And Hopkins is right. I'd say prob 90% of boxers come from poor backgrounds. Or atleast middle class and under
                    whats your point? He was trying to double,triple up on his money... They still do....I probably would have been a mayweather fan and been able to chill with him if my family member didn't go to prison ..... good thing i noticed his female ways
                    Last edited by way2strong; 01-04-2014, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      agreed

when was the last time you seen a champ trace his origins to white suburbia America

Floyd was by no way rich. He was lower middle class at best
                      This has nothing to do with race you moron.
                      Taking Aim -- suburbia in America is made up of predominantly whites. The lower the income class, the more the minority population grows big time too, whether it be blacks, mexicans, asians, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X