No announcement yet.

Hopkins: Rich Kids Don't Fight" "They Shouldn't" And "They never will"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
    Taking Aim -- suburbia in America is made up of predominantly whites. The lower the income class, the more the minority population grows big time too, whether it be blacks, mexicans, asians, etc.
    exactly he supposed to be bright but failed to grasp a simple cultural reference

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
      whats your point? He was trying to double,triple up on his money... They still do....
      His point was that Floyd Mayweather Jr. grew up poor/low-income family. And that Floyd Sr wasn't rich by any means. He was not Sugar Ray Leonard in his time. Keep in mind, even the elite boxers like Leonard weren't making as much money as boxers do today. They were getting ripped off way more back then also.

Comment

His point was that Floyd Mayweather Jr. grew up poor/low-income family. And that Floyd Sr wasn't rich by any means. He was not Sugar Ray Leonard in his time. Keep in mind, even the elite boxers like Leonard weren't making as much money as boxers do today. They were getting ripped off way more back then also.
        are you the radio raheem that does interviews for secondsout?

Comment

Bernard would never let a rich boy beat him.

Comment

I think Barrera's family was pretty well off when he started boxing, so there's at least one exception among great fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
              are you the radio raheem that does interviews for secondsout?
              Yeah I love his videos.
              Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                when was the last time you seen a champ trace his origins to white suburbia America
                Not many boxing clubs in the burbs either, I think a lot of it has to do with access. Parents also influence.

Comment

i remember walking in a relatively "rough" boxing gym in uk and i loved the vibe. you go to some fitness gyms, i get a douchey vibe from some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Isnt he fighting a millionaire lawyer next?
                    Perhaps that's a reason why Hopkins thinks Shumenov has no chance.

Comment

Taking Aim -- suburbia in America is made up of predominantly whites. The lower the income class, the more the minority population grows big time too, whether it be blacks, mexicans, asians, etc.
                      Exactly - PREDOMINATELY whites, which means there's plenty of non-whites in Suburbia. He (GrandpaBernard) brought race into it, but it has absolutely nothing to do with race. Now he's trying to save face because he looks stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X