No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Campbell: Pacquiao Might Go Right Through Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radiotracer View Post
    how much power do you think a natural featherweight can bring. Speed kills and that's what pac has. Punches from all directions that catches his opponent off guard or unbalanced. The guy hasn't failed any drug test while people in all weight divisions keep getting busted for peds. This is a rumor that the mayweathers started. He has taken the same test other boxers take.
    ok. You know now that I think about it most of those guys either quit or the ref or corner stopped the fight which should have been the case against Margarito but his people were to stubborn and he is paying for that now. Really the only real ko that I can think of once he moved up to 47 was when he went back down to 140 and starched The one and only Ricky Hatton. But either way his opponents have all been making it to the final bell over the last few years and Bradley has now shown the ability to finish a brutal punishing fight on his feet. That said if they fight again my money would be on a decision for Pacquiao and I would be suprised to see Bradley get dropped at all.

Comment

Manny Walked Thru Bradley The First Time; Pac Stops Him In A Rematch

Then what will Marquez & Mayweather do then; neither want to fight Pacquiao now, and certainly won't after he stops Bradley in devastating fashion.

Comment

Seemed pretty clear that Manny won the first Bradley fight. 116-112 I thought, and I liked Bradley at the time more than Manny.

Manny was beating Marquez to a bloody pulp, and 2 seconds away from being up 2 points when he got KTFO. Then he comes back and destroys Rios.

Bradley clearly beat Provo (in a tight but clear match). I didn't think Marquez victory was nearly as wide as many thought. I thought it could go either way and leaned towards Bradley.

More to the point, Bradley did nothing vs Marquez to impress people other than "OMG Bradley is not trading shots with someone he should not trade with." Obviously a 40 year old counter punching Marquez is not going to be able to chase an athletic jabber around the ring, so I give credit to Bradley for fighting the perfect fight there. I don't think Marquez and Bradley did anything impressive in that fight though. Tons of missed or partial shots, very little damage done throughout the fight from either side. Nothing in that fight makes me feel either fighter holds more than a puncher's (or CJ Ross) chance of beating Manny again. Marquez hit Manny with a once in a career punch and Bradley lost by a decent margin.

I think Provo has improved enough to be considered as good as those two, but to me, clearly the best top rank WW and 2nd best overall WW is Manny Pacquiao. Hopefully Manny vs Bradley and Marquez vs Provo happens next though.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          You already know homie. We'll probably see them fight twice in 2014.

Personally, I had the first fight closer than most. I consistantly get a 8-4 score for Pac. Ove had it 10-2 giving Pac all the close rounds. The closeest I've been able to score it in Timmy's favor is a draw. And that's giving Timmy all of the close rounds. I'm pretty much fine with anyone that has it 7-5 or 8-4 for Pac.

As for how a rematch would play out. I thought Timmy did some good work in the second half of the fight. And what gets lost in all the fanatical "Manny was robbed" crap is that Timmy fought 2/3 of the fight on one leg. I'm very curious to see what happens how he fares if he stays healthy the entire time.

Which leads me back to the original point. Pac's gonna have to get KO'd to lose. If he finishes this one on his feet, he's gonna get the W. Arum has no one else to match Pac with. Therefore he's gonna wanna milk this one for whatever its worth. My guess is he probably knows Pac isn't re-signing with him at the end of 2014. So he's gonna get what he can and move on from the Pacquiao era.
          I agree mostly..at best I could see 8-4 in my opinion..making a fighter miss but not really landing anything yourself doesn't win a round in my opinion. This was also the period of the cheating scandal and the drunken champion allegations in his homeland, but those situations aside just looking at the casual nature of the whole delay to watch a game in the locker room was just adding fuel to the fire that Pac thought his shhh don't stink. It's happened historically, guys win a ton of fights in a row and don't train well. Well I think the trilogy works in both men's favors because if we go by rankings we've got #2 and #3 in the division fighting each other twice and still no shot at #1..plus toss in that tidbit into the marketing..Floyd would actually be crazy to not say the winner of the tie breaker gets me and that shhh itself sells the fight for him and Showtime. I don't think Pacquaio fights past the end of 2014 personally, especially if that whole tax situation gets resolved on the cheap. What a lot of folks on here fail to understand is this guy is clearly living well enough off politics and his agriculture investments to walk away when he wants (That doesn't show up in the BIR or IRS stuff so folks forget it). I honestly thought he was going to retire after the Marquez KO...I think he's just back for his straps and will call it a day mayweather or no mayweather. He'll still bank $40 million or so from the two Bradley fights if they happen. Bradley gets the torch of course and gets set on another crash course with Provodnikov.

Comment

Originally posted by TLC8 View Post
            Then what will Marquez & Mayweather do then; neither want to fight Pacquiao now, and certainly won't after he stops Bradley in devastating fashion.
            If Pac beats Bradley Marquez may fight him to pursue that title in a fifth weight class. IMO the worse thing that could happen for boxing and fight fans would be for Bradley to beat Pac again no matter how it happens even if its bogus again. So if you ask me Pacquiao should say fxck Bradley and come out and say he wants the Floyd fight in April or May and say something like its up to Floyd how soon he wants to lose that zero. Not that I think he would do such a thing and not that I think he would beat Floyd either but another loss will definately kill what little chance there is of making that fight.

Comment

I got Pac stopping Bradley in a rematch. But only if he gets that killer instinct back. He has to do this for his legacy and let people know he can still put the hurt on guys. Beating Bradley in impressive fashion via stoppage would make the recent Mayweather fight buzz even louder. I thought he whopped Bradley in their fight, but those crooked judges saw it differently. That should be enough for Pac to get mad and want to get his spot back.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                Someone said because Pac couldn't KO Rios that means he won't hurt Bradley? did you know Rios is a huge guy who has a solid chin? Also he has an underrated double guard similar to Clottey, Pac had to punch through the gloves and around to get his shots in, you can't get much power off when a guy takes the steam off of them with his gloves covering his face.

But the only one who has a chance of getting hurt is Pacman, his chin is china, he can't take a solid punch anymore.
                Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                I'm pretty sure rios landed something like 130+ punches on pacquiao.

It's sad because you actually used to be a good poster, hectari
                hey how come only now you responded to that reply pm? what a jerk off.
                the hell are you going off about hectari. you have no room to talk. you talked shit to me for months for having your quote in my sig, calling me out saying i would have to leave forever once pac got ko'd. then once he lost, you complain to me to take it off and call me a jerk and "get over it" when all u did was talk crap to me the entire prefight. then i take it off out of kindness, despite you acting like a moron still not accepting you were wrong and manning up.

now you're here calling ME a jerk off? what a joker.
                dude why do you have to bring this up in public? why can't you tell me this like a man in private, wtf man. seriously? be mature about it and hit me on pm and we could have squashed it there now you over here starting **** dude. wow
                lol theres no beef to squash, im ok man. i could have made threads mocking kept the quotes in my sig etc... but i didn't. i already was the more mature and let it go without u having to man up and apologize.... thing that makes me go wtf is u calling me a jerk like i did something wrong lol. whatever, it's all good i won't talk about it anymore, wish granted.
                I said that because you didn't remove the quote in your sig after I asked you nicely on PM to remove it. You kept it up, I asked you a few weeks before the Rios fight in another thread too, but you chose to ignore it.

Why didn't you remove the quote before when I asked.
                you never PM'd me asking to remove anything. after you kept talkin and talkin for me to remove postfight, I ACTUALLY was the one to hit u on pm asking for a simple apology then i would remove it. Instead, you couldn't admit you were wrong and asked what u did wrong. I still removed them regardless.

2. im supposed to just ignore all the sh-t u talked ? im not even going to bother digging up the old quotes. so basically what you're saying is that you shouldn't have to accept consequences and that other people should be the bigger man when you're wrong. ok. listen, i have nothing against anyone on here. you can continue to not like me thats ok, u dont even have to admit u were wrong. but just dont lie about stuff. alright now im done with it lol.
                Dude why you calling me a liar? I already said and acknowledged that Rios lost because he fought the wrong fight. He didn't pressure Pacman and got scared like the other guys and tried to out box him. If Rios fought like he usually does he would have knocked Pac out. I don't get why most fighters are scared to go toe to toe with Pac, Rios should have jumped on Pac because he even said it Pacs chin was cracked.

Come on man, you know what I asked you and you ignored me, of course I got pissed because you wouldn't remove that quote before the rios fight and you kept it up days after the fight.

Don't be like that guy Big Dunn
                LMAO,

My fav line was "dude why do you have to bring this up in public?"... LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Hoe does the guy that benefits from a major robbery deserve a rematch? For what? If he feels like he lost, he should admit it (after he goes home and rewatches lol) and drop the belt. Remember Andre Ward advising his buddy Tim: if it was me, I'd give that belt back to its rightful owner. And remember, he was offered a rematch for career high money one fight later.
                  Because boxing deserved the rematch. Pac deserved the rematch. Bradley even deserved the rematch. It's not Bradley's fault the judges scored poorly. He did what he was supposed to do.

Hell, he even promoted a rematch before the first fight because he said he would win. Technically he did and instead of running with it, he said lets do a rematch. Pac didn't get that look good win he was supposed to get and didn't want another rematch like a fighter should when he "loses". i.e. Jones Jr Griffin II. Jones proved he should never have a loss to Griffin. Pac/Bob had no intention to avenge that loss because Pac didn't look good. The fight didn't look good.

Also, Bradley went after the guy that KOed Pac rather than fight Pac who had just been KO'ed by that very same guy. Now Bradley holds a win over Pac and Bradley so a rematch NOW is good.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                    Because boxing deserved the rematch. Pac deserved the rematch. Bradley even deserved the rematch. It's not Bradley's fault the judges scored poorly. He did what he was supposed to do.

Hell, he even promoted a rematch before the first fight because he said he would win. Technically he did and instead of running with it, he said lets do a rematch. Pac didn't get that look good win he was supposed to get and didn't want another rematch like a fighter should when he "loses". i.e. Jones Jr Griffin II. Jones proved he should never have a loss to Griffin. Pac/Bob had no intention to avenge that loss because Pac didn't look good. The fight didn't look good.

Also, Bradley went after the guy that KOed Pac rather than fight Pac who had just been KO'ed by that very same guy. Now Bradley holds a win over Pac and Bradley so a rematch NOW is good.
                    It's not just NOW, Bradley was offered a rematch before he beat Marquez. So he had a better option and he went with that. Guess what, Pac had a better option and went with that after Bradley. The difference, for Pac it was a tougher option, worth more money. For Tim, it was an easier option worth less money. But you get the similarity.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      It's not just NOW, Bradley was offered a rematch before he beat Marquez. So he had a better option and he went with that. Guess what, Pac had a better option and went with that after Bradley. The difference, for Pac it was a tougher option, worth more money. For Tim, it was an easier option worth less money. But you get the similarity.
                      Bradley fought the man that KO'ed Pac. Pac avoided the man that got a wrongful "win" over him to fight for a 4th time. Pac should have corrected the error like a true champ would but like my entire point of talking about this, the Bradley fight wasn't the look good fight Pac was expecting to get. Much like the JMM III fight. He was expecting the same JMM that Floyd fought at WW.

Pac needed a look good fight and a feather fisted LW fighting at WW was supposed to be it. It wasn't. Neither was JMM IV. It took the Rios fight to bring back the "hype".

However like I keep saying, the rematch NOW is good as Bradley holds not only a win over a Pac but over JMM as well. Yet that still doesn't change the fact the rematch should have already happened. Both fighters deserved it, let alone the boxing community.

Comment

Working...
                      X