No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Campbell: Pacquiao Might Go Right Through Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    Yes, I do and was disgusted that a rematch wasn't immediately made (like Jones Jr vs Griffin II for instance).

Because not only was it a bad outcome for boxing but bad for Bradley because he was given heat for it but was ready to go at it again to prove his case. He was denied the rematch (like Mosley was denied a fight with Pac back when he was WW Champion of the world). It left boxing looking bad.

The rematch should have happened but it didn't however now that Bradley is a legitimate WW and beat the very same man that KO'ed Pac, its a fight that should happen. More so than another JMM fight or Prov.
    WTF? This is so a$$ backwards. So you shed a tear cause the recipient of a robbery didn't get a rematch? You're saying Brandon Rios deserved a rematch with Abril, and boxing looks bad cause it didn't happen? Sounds super stupid.

The fight didn't do great numbers, was boring by Pac standards, was not competitive according to most, and nobody cared much to see the rematch. But no better option other than Marquez, so after JMM they offered Bradley a lot of money he passed on.

Comment

Originally posted by MELLY-MEL... View Post
      Bs, he looked fine against very good fighters in tb, and jmm, he got caught and ktfo agaist jmm yes, but aside that he fought well in all 3 fights,against 2 of the better fighters in the game. Stop tryong to discredit him with nonsense. The fact is manny is still a great fighter.
      I didn't say he wasn't. What I said was that a feather fisted JWW in Tim Bradley was supposed to be a look good fight at WW for Pac. It wasn't in which Pac technically lost the fight and they wanted nothing to do with a rematch that should have already happened.

Granted now that Bradley holds a win over JMM, the rematch is better.

Comment

I didn't say he wasn't. What I said was that a feather fisted JWW in Tim Bradley was supposed to be a look good fight at WW for Pac. It wasn't in which Pac technically lost the fight and they wanted nothing to do with a rematch that should have already happened.

Granted now that Bradley holds a win over JMM, the rematch is better.
        Any realistic fight fan knew tb would be a good fight against pac.

Comment

Originally posted by trufightfanatic View Post
          As long as Manny avoids Timmy's head he should beat him easily AGAIN except this time he will get the nod. As far as Manny getting a ko, I'm not so sure since he pretty much stopped knocking guys out once Floyd said take the tests.
          how much power do you think a natural featherweight can bring. Speed kills and that's what pac has. Punches from all directions that catches his opponent off guard or unbalanced. The guy hasn't failed any drug test while people in all weight divisions keep getting busted for peds. This is a rumor that the mayweathers started. He has taken the same test other boxers take.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            WTF? This is so a$$ backwards. So you shed a tear cause the recipient of a robbery didn't get a rematch? You're saying Brandon Rios deserved a rematch with Abril, and boxing looks bad cause it didn't happen? Sounds super stupid.

The fight didn't do great numbers, was boring by Pac standards, was not competitive according to most, and nobody cared much to see the rematch. But no better option other than Marquez, so after JMM they offered Bradley a lot of money he passed on.
            Exactly my point. Pac didn't take the rematch because he didn't look good. My entire point. Pac was supposed to look good vs a feather fisted JWW fighting at WW. He didn't an went after JMM again. A rematch should have happened to not only prove Bradley lost but so Pac would have an official win over him. Not to mention a rematch was needed to erase such poor scoring.

Bradley deserved it especially since people got mad at him for the judges score cards.

Yet, like I keep saying the rematch now is better since Bradley chose to go on and fight/beat JMM who had just KO'ed Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Dude why you calling me a liar? I already said and acknowledged that Rios lost because he fought the wrong fight. He didn't pressure Pacman and got scared like the other guys and tried to out box him. If Rios fought like he usually does he would have knocked Pac out. I don't get why most fighters are scared to go toe to toe with Pac, Rios should have jumped on Pac because he even said it Pacs chin was cracked.

Come on man, you know what I asked you and you ignored me, of course I got pissed because you wouldn't remove that quote before the rios fight and you kept it up days after the fight.

Don't be like that guy Big Dunn
              u guys probably need to pm each other or glexchange phone numbers so you Dan work that confusion out in private. Just suggesting because its easier to resolve issues without everyone else looking and reading.

Comment

Originally posted by MELLY-MEL... View Post
                Any realistic fight fan knew tb would be a good fight against pac.
                Never said I was a fan of Bradley's. In fact I picked Pac to beat him pretty badly.

Comment

Originally posted by rocktx View Post
                  The Jones JR fight was from A DQ. How is that even comparable? Fact is PacMan didn't look good. He got a bad break with the judges, that's his own fault. If he would have came out and just whipped Bradley he wouldn't have had any setbacks that's his own fault.

But at the same time he should have sought out the immediate rematch. He didn't, he lost again, and now its become a huge setback
                  Because Griffin in no way should have a win over Jones (like Bradley) regardless of a DQ or not. It was a **** DQ and Jones (RJ) came out like a TRUE Champion and ended the doubt of ANY possibility of ever losing to Griffin.

Pac should have had that same mentally however Bob had other plans. Hell some even think Bob had it all plotted out anyway. So to some, Pac never had a say anyway.

Comment

Exactly my point. Pac didn't take the rematch because he didn't look good. My entire point. Pac was supposed to look good vs a feather fisted JWW fighting at WW. He didn't an went after JMM again. A rematch should have happened to not only prove Bradley lost but so Pac would have an official win over him. Not to mention a rematch was needed to erase such poor scoring.

Bradley deserved it especially since people got mad at him for the judges score cards.

Yet, like I keep saying the rematch now is better since Bradley chose to go on and fight/beat JMM who had just KO'ed Pac.
                    Hoe does the guy that benefits from a major robbery deserve a rematch? For what? If he feels like he lost, he should admit it (after he goes home and rewatches lol) and drop the belt. Remember Andre Ward advising his buddy Tim: if it was me, I'd give that belt back to its rightful owner. And remember, he was offered a rematch for career high money one fight later.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Nah, Pac doesn't give a **** anymore, and I doubt he would get up for a Bradley rematch. He either wins the same way he did the first time, or loses.
                      He either wins or loses eh? Wow, that's prolific. You must be a seer or wizard or something. HA!

Comment

Working...
                      X