No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Campbell: Pacquiao Might Go Right Through Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    What the hell are you even going on about? I believe you responded to the wrong post.

Try responding to the correct one as it seems you are arguing with someone who is against a Bradley rematch.

I am not one of them. Try again.
    my bad man. random question, do you think pac beat bradley first time around?

Comment

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
      You're crazy, if Rios fought like he usually does Rios would have been knocked out. Rios even acknowledged that in the post fight.
      Rios said Pacman had no power, he said Pac couldn't hurt him. i never heard him say he would get Knocked out if he fought aggressive like he usually does.

Comment

The fact he didn't take the rematch to correct the error of the "loss" was enough to show Pac failed at what was supposed to be a look good fight vs a feather fisted JWW fighting at WW.

He needed a look good fight and Bradley didn't make the cut. Neither did the JMM 3 and 4 fights. Finally, a Rios fight did the trick.
        He went for the tougher, riskier, more lucrative, more exciting, more meaningful fight in JMM 4. Then when JMM passed on 2x career high for 5 they offered Bradley career high 6m. He passed to take a more meaningful, but less lucrative and tough (stylewise) JMM.

Comment

Trilogy in the works..I for one think Pacquaio won the fight but was in horrible shape by comparison to him in the past..he just seemed tired faster than usual. Bradley would do well to not stand in the pocket either..but hey may get forced into it. The rematch is going to do low numbers but the third would have all the hype about a tie breaker nonsense and whatnot so it'll do well and may actually finally get Bradley that star power he's craved and i'll say actually deserves after the Provodnikov and Marquez fights he won me over.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Rios said Pacman had no power, he said Pac couldn't hurt him. i never heard him say he would get Knocked out if he fought aggressive like he usually does.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnIoV4lj-AU

go to 8:16

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
              my bad man. random question, do you think pac beat bradley first time around?
              Yes, I do and was disgusted that a rematch wasn't immediately made (like Jones Jr vs Griffin II for instance).

Because not only was it a bad outcome for boxing but bad for Bradley because he was given heat for it but was ready to go at it again to prove his case. He was denied the rematch (like Mosley was denied a fight with Pac back when he was WW Champion of the world). It left boxing looking bad.

The rematch should have happened but it didn't however now that Bradley is a legitimate WW and beat the very same man that KO'ed Pac, its a fight that should happen. More so than another JMM fight or Prov.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                Trilogy in the works..I for one think Pacquaio won the fight but was in horrible shape by comparison to him in the past..he just seemed tired faster than usual. Bradley would do well to not stand in the pocket either..but hey may get forced into it. The rematch is going to do low numbers but the third would have all the hype about a tie breaker nonsense and whatnot so it'll do well and may actually finally get Bradley that star power he's craved and i'll say actually deserves after the Provodnikov and Marquez fights he won me over.
                You already know homie. We'll probably see them fight twice in 2014.

Personally, I had the first fight closer than most. I consistantly get a 8-4 score for Pac. Ove had it 10-2 giving Pac all the close rounds. The closeest I've been able to score it in Timmy's favor is a draw. And that's giving Timmy all of the close rounds. I'm pretty much fine with anyone that has it 7-5 or 8-4 for Pac.

As for how a rematch would play out. I thought Timmy did some good work in the second half of the fight. And what gets lost in all the fanatical "Manny was robbed" crap is that Timmy fought 2/3 of the fight on one leg. I'm very curious to see what happens how he fares if he stays healthy the entire time.

Which leads me back to the original point. Pac's gonna have to get KO'd to lose. If he finishes this one on his feet, he's gonna get the W. Arum has no one else to match Pac with. Therefore he's gonna wanna milk this one for whatever its worth. My guess is he probably knows Pac isn't re-signing with him at the end of 2014. So he's gonna get what he can and move on from the Pacquiao era.

Comment

The fact he didn't take the rematch to correct the error of the "loss" was enough to show Pac failed at what was supposed to be a look good fight vs a feather fisted JWW fighting at WW.

He needed a look good fight and Bradley didn't make the cut. Neither did the JMM 3 and 4 fights. Finally, a Rios fight did the trick.
                  Bs, he looked fine against very good fighters in tb, and jmm, he got caught and ktfo against jmm yes, but aside that he fought well in all 3 fights,against 2 of the better fighters in the game. Stop trying to discredit him with nonsense. The fact is manny is still a great fighter.
                  Last edited by MELLY-MEL...; 12-28-2013, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    He went for the tougher, riskier, more lucrative, more exciting, more meaningful fight in JMM 4. Then when JMM passed on 2x career high for 5 they offered Bradley career high 6m. He passed to take a more meaningful, but less lucrative and tough (stylewise) JMM.
                    To some but for the sport and the bad taste the judges gave people, the rematch should have immediately happened to show he should have won. The fight was supposed to be a look good fight vs a fighter that did not fight at WW. Pac didn't look good and got robbed. So they moved on rather than proving Bradley got a gift.

However I will say the rematch now looks good as Bradley holds a win over JMM but it should have happened already.

Comment

Yes, I do and was disgusted that a rematch wasn't immediately made (like Jones Jr vs Griffin II for instance).

Because not only was it a bad outcome for boxing but bad for Bradley because he was given heat for it but was ready to go at it again to prove his case. He was denied the rematch (like Mosley was denied a fight with Pac back when he was WW Champion of the world). It left boxing looking bad.

The rematch should have happened but it didn't however now that Bradley is a legitimate WW and beat the very same man that KO'ed Pac, its a fight that should happen. More so than another JMM fight or Prov.
                      The Jones JR fight was from A DQ. How is that even comparable? Fact is PacMan didn't look good. He got a bad break with the judges, that's his own fault. If he would have came out and just whipped Bradley he wouldn't have had any setbacks that's his own fault.

But at the same time he should have sought out the immediate rematch. He didn't, he lost again, and now its become a huge setback

Comment

Working...
                      X