Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should David Haye be voted into the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should David Haye be voted into the Hall of Fame?

David Haye has once again retired, this time it seems to be for real because of his shoulder problem.

In your opinion, has David Haye done enough in his career to deserve be voted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame?
    No, he has NOT done enough
    75.32%
    Yes, he deserves to
    19.48%
    I'm not sure
    5.19%

The poll is expired.

In my opinion there are a lot of fighters in the HOF who don't deserve to be there. Based on that low standard, Haye should get in.

Comment

no..............

Comment

I like your serious, albeit thinly veiled, tone.

Absolutely not. I used to be a Haye fan, I really was. Beating Enzo Maccarinelli and Nikolai Valuev don't warrant admission to the hall of fame.

The guy was always a C+, maybe B- kind of fighter with big power and explosive hands in a subpar cruiserweight division.

Comment

No. Absolutely not, at all.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              In my opinion there are a lot of fighters in the HOF who don't deserve to be there. Based on that low standard, Haye should get in.
              I think that's just not the way it should be looked at.

If that's the case then the HOF is just going to become a complete joke.

If that's the standard we're going to go by then the candidates are going to get weaker and weaker and weaker and then someone will say "Well, this guy is in, so Derek Chisora should be in based on that low standard."

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                someone like gatti has still done BOAT loads more then haye..........

what are you talking about?

Comment

Nope not enough big wins for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
                    David Haye has once again retired, this time it seems to be for real because of his shoulder problem.

In your opinion, has David Haye done enough in his career to deserve be voted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame?
                    lol, no it isn't, this is Haye we're talking about. He hasn't retired anyway, he just said the doctor advised him to retire to protect his image after pulling out of a fight for the third time in a row.

I don't like the man but he should be judged on his achievements and by that I mean who he beat.

Haye beat world champions in Mormeck, Macaranelli, Valuev, a couple of fringe contenders in Chisora and Barrett and a past prime former champion Ruiz.

It's pretty lightweight stuff for HOF admission, he needs 4-5 more significant wins imo.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    If that's the case then the HOF is just going to become a complete joke.
                    Does anyone take it seriously anyway? it's so flawed it's untrue.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 12-28-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X