No announcement yet.

Terrible mistake for Nathan Cleverly to fight Ilunga Makabu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a weaker division, better fights.

If anyone needs to move up weight though it's Bellew, he fought at heavyweight as an amateur and always looks drained when weighing in. I'd like to see him follow Cleverly up, hell, they could even have their CW debuts as a rematch.

I don't think it matters where Clev fights though, his career is limited if he continues to fight like he does.

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
      He's fighting Makabu you twat
      Mnchu is the guy who fought Eddie Chambers
      lol, fuck you George

Comment

Don't know much about the guy to be honest. I'm glad Cleverly is finally getting respect. I've never rated him all that highly but he has balls. Taking Kovalev as a voluntary with no rematch clause or options was almost more dumb than it was brave.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          Doubt the fight happens.
          The fight is official now.

Comment

Comment

I'm shocked. Makubu is an awesome puncher. Clev probably thinking about ever having "it" by taking this fight. If he wins then it's better things. If not then goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
                Makubu is a hard puncher and takes a punch very well, he could be the best in his division right now. He's like a cruiserweight Ike Ibeabuchi.
                He's not the best at cruiser but he hits hard. Having said that he moves slower than Kov, isn't as skilled and if Cleverly can keep him behind his jab, I doubt he'll be able to come through because his footwork is barely average. It's still a tough fight though cos we have no idea how Clev will take these punches.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  Doubt the fight happens.

Cruiserweight is a better prospect than LHW for Cleverly.
                  CW is a much deeper division than LHW which is real top heavy than bland after that Hopkins will retire soon so he'd have a chance at a belt in a year or so unless he's just starved at 75 which remains to be seen he's not suited to fighting bigger stronger guys which he now has to at CW.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post

Can't explain how much I laughed at the commentary at 22.00

Comment

I imagine the money was too good to turn down. As this is on the Golovkin undercard, which will feature on HBO.

Comment

Working...
                      X