Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Cotto even earned a crack at a MW title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has done enough in his career now to earn these chances. If there is a true warrior in the sport, inside the ring and out when negotiations are happening, it's Cotto. He definitely deserves it, unlike Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
      He has done enough in his career now to earn these chances. If there is a true warrior in the sport, inside the ring and out when negotiations are happening, it's Cotto. He definitely deserves it, unlike Canelo.
      Are you saying Sergio hasn't? Dude has been a pro some 3 or 4 years longer than Cotto.

Its not like Sergio Martinez is a Deontay Wilder type fighter. The cat is well established in the boxing world.

btw, I think Serg should be fighting GGG as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TAKE THE TEST!! View Post
        Are you saying Sergio hasn't? Dude has been a pro some 3 or 4 years longer than Cotto.

Its not like Sergio Martinez is a Deontay Wilder type fighter. The cat is well established in the boxing world.

btw, I think Serg should be fighting GGG as well.
        Sergio has not... tell me, what's the biggest win of Martinez career? A weeded up version of Chavez Jr? or the Pavlik who struggled with alcohol during his training camp? Or P. Williams who struggled with Ishida? All decent wins still but...

None of those names come close to what Mosley, Mayweather, Margarito, Clottey, Pacquiao... etc ETC were during the time Cotto fought them.

Cotto has never avoided anybody. His resume is truly incredible.

And I hope so man.........

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
          Sergio has not... tell me, what's the biggest win of Martinez career? A weeded up version of Chavez Jr? or the Pavlik who struggled with alcohol during his training camp? Or P. Williams who struggled with Ishida? All decent wins still but...

None of those names come close to what Mosley, Mayweather, Margarito, Clottey, Pacquiao... etc ETC were during the time Cotto fought them.

Cotto has never avoided anybody. His resume is truly incredible.

And I hope so man.........
          Sergio has fought since 1997, beat some of the best fighters in the world, some who were undefeated, and he hasn't earned his way?

Please tell me you're not serious. I hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
            Im sure we will likely see the best Cotto ever, likely even better than Cotto that fought Floyd!

War Cotto!
            No we wont. At this point Sergio's size and speed at 60% is too much for Cotto. Cotto has to fight a perfect fight And he's not. Deal with it already.

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
              Obviously not, but you don't have to earn anything to get a crack at anything... Take Canelo for example
              Exactly! He fought a ww for the jr mw title after never beating any real jr mw contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by TAKE THE TEST!! View Post
                Sergio has fought since 1997, beat some of the best fighters in the world, some who were undefeated, and he hasn't earned his way?

Please tell me you're not serious. I hope not.
                Again, who are those "best fighters" in the world?

Please, YOU TELL ME, you are not serious.

Comment

Cotto may not deserve the shot but Martinez certainly deserves the high-profile matchup.

Titles and championships don't mean much anyway.

Comment

Dollars talk.

Comment

Absolutely not

Comment

Working...
                      X