• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is an awesome fight !

Two game sluggers to the end !

Two game and great trainers !

NO to Ruslan vs PAC

Ruslan could fight Maidana and the winner gets a shot at May JR ! A pure boxer vs a pure slugger.

Remember Ruslan's promoter is NOT ARUM

Comment

• It seems like yesterday when people were denigrating Rios for being a cheat. So, all it's forgiven now?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        so provodnikov wins and he gets to fight the guy who lost to the guy he just beat. HBO wonders why SHowtime's viewership has increased so much. Whats the point of provod v rios?
        It's a potential FOTY, people want to watch entertaining fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          It's a potential FOTY, people want to watch entertaining fights.
          I think people prefer relevant fights over fights that on paper assume "entertainment" or "excitement".

Respectfully, this was the rationale for rios v manny-all action and excitement. not only did the fight fail to provide that it also didn't sell. Its also part of the rationale for floyd v khan- a fight no one is pushing for.

While I understand your point-maybe fans don't want to see rios after losing twice in a row. Maybe thy'd refer provodnikov in a relevant fight-Manny or tim rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon
            Oh....My....God! Gentlemen brace yourself for what is sure to be one of the most brutal slug fests of recent years....hell maybe all time! These men have their limits as fighters but they both bring it each and every time out displaying savage ferocity, heavy hands, unbreakable wills and concrete jaws! This one I guarantee you will not be for the faint of heart!!!!!

BRING THE RUCKAS!!!!
            Well said! I got Provo by brutal gorrila ****. It will be epic while it last!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              Ruslan by devastation

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Ruslan is the 2nd best WW in the world behind Pacquiao
              Right. Back in PAC-tardia

Comment

I think people prefer relevant fights over fights that on paper assume "entertainment" or "excitement".

Respectfully, this was the rationale for rios v manny-all action and excitement. not only did the fight fail to provide that it also didn't sell. Its also part of the rationale for floyd v khan- a fight no one is pushing for.

While I understand your point-maybe fans don't want to see rios after losing twice in a row. Maybe thy'd refer provodnikov in a relevant fight-Manny or tim rematch.
                Rios's profile is at an all time high at the moment. Provodnikov is the breakout star of 2013. Their styles mesh well on paper so the fight makes a lot of sense...which probably means it won't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Rios's profile is at an all time high at the moment. Provodnikov is the breakout star of 2013. Their styles mesh well on paper so the fight makes a lot of sense...which probably means it won't happen.
                  Again, you are putting style ahead of winning and losing which I think is a big mistake. Casual fans understand winning and losing, they don't necessarily understand style matchups.

Rios has lost his last 2 fights. Provod won his last fight and did well vs tim. Provod is "on the way up" and has passed Rios, who fell below him when he lost to Mike. Just because he fought Manny doens't mean he is on a level above Provod at this point.

Rios is ssentially getting a title fight because of his promoter-something posters usually are against.

As for making sense-how does rios get a title shot at this point?

Comment

• If you can'y box, Ruslan takes you. No one who is almost defenceless takes him.

Fight is at 147 so sways to Rios though.

Comment

Again, you are putting style ahead of winning and losing which I think is a big mistake. Casual fans understand winning and losing, they don't necessarily understand style matchups.

Rios has lost his last 2 fights. Provod won his last fight and did well vs tim. Provod is "on the way up" and has passed Rios, who fell below him when he lost to Mike. Just because he fought Manny doens't mean he is on a level above Provod at this point.

Rios is essentially getting a title fight because of his promoter-something posters usually are against.
                      Well I think you and Bob Arum are as one on this. Everyone seems to want the fight except him.

As for making sense-how does rios get a title shot at this point?
                      Fight doesn't have to happen at 140.

Comment

Working...
                      X