No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana: I Want To See if I Can Beat Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    No, that's not all all what you were talking about, or you would have said so, just stop. I caught you. It's over. LoadedWraps wins.

The fight with Ortiz was like 5 years ago almost

That's some insanely unconvincing backtracking.

Why say things you clearly are uneducated on? Something I'll never understand and happens often on here.

Comment

• I would love to see Maidana vs Alexander play out now. Now that the shine is off Devon...a different referee might not be as willing to let him get away with some of the stalling and holding he employed that night. I gave no credit to DEvon for that performance, and it only solidified my feeling in how he would get bullied by Porter. He had a completely listless Maidana in front of him and he still held, and was still hurt late

Comment

• Maidana deserves a shot!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          Its quite simple really, its different because maidana deserves the fight much more than khan does.

I don't think anyone disagrees with this notion, i certainly don't, however from a purely competitive view Khan is the more difficult matchup for Floyd. He's long, fast, uses his jab, has power and stamina. Maidana is slow and has poor stamina. Miadana will get beaten VERY VERY badly by Floyd. Khan could make it interesting depending on what type of fight he fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
            I don't think anyone disagrees with this notion, i certainly don't, however from a purely competitive view Khan is the more difficult matchup for Floyd. He's long, fast, uses his jab, has power and stamina. Maidana is slow and has poor stamina. Miadana will get beaten VERY VERY badly by Floyd. Khan could make it interesting depending on what type of fight he fights.
            Second time I've read Khan has good stamina.

Since when has Khan had good stamina?

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Second time I've read Khan has good stamina.

Since when has Khan had good stamina?

It's better than Miadana's is the point. Stylistically Miadana is in for an ass whooping if he fights Mayweather and i hope this fight happens. Will be another case of the ******s retracting all their ridiculous statements in these threads in the last few days.

Floyd will win a wide UD against Maidana, but it won't be like the Alvarez UD, more like Guerrero who got beaten up badly in the last half of the fight. Personally if it happens iv'e got Floyd getting a KO in round 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                I would love to see Maidana vs Alexander play out now. Now that the shine is off Devon...a different referee might not be as willing to let him get away with some of the stalling and holding he employed that night. I gave no credit to DEvon for that performance, and it only solidified my feeling in how he would get bullied by Porter. He had a completely listless Maidana in front of him and he still held, and was still hurt late
                A Maidana as wild in the clinch as he was against Broner knocks Devon clean out

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
                  A Maidana as wild in the clinch as he was against Broner knocks Devon clean out
                  Someone noticed this too. He refused to allow AB to tie him up and prevent him from punching. Great punching with the free hand and Cole's habit of pushing down the holding fighter's glove helped him do good work on Broner in close when AB tried to tie him up.

I don't know if he stops Devon, but I'd pick him in the rematch. As long as it isn't in Missouri again.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    No, that's not all all what you were talking about, or you would have said so, just stop. I caught you. It's over. LoadedWraps wins.
                    Yeah buddy. You caught me. I don't know anything about boxing. LoadedWraps wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

The fight with Ortiz was like 5 years ago almost

That's some insanely unconvincing backtracking.

Why say things you clearly are uneducated on? Something I'll never understand and happens often on here.
                      It's true. Before the Ortiz fight, Maidana was unknown in the States. I'm just glad to see him reach this far.

Comment

Working...
                      X